Recent content by yourboyblue

1. yourboyblue

Was this shower drain installed incorrectly?

I work at a retreat center and we have a relatively new building with 6 showers. I got a call today that one was draining slowly and went to investigate and snake. I tried to remove the strainer, but found it had somehow been installed underneath the crown ring. All the shower drains are...
  2. yourboyblue

Considering a mini-tank to supplement batch solar, but is it the best option?

I'm a tenant in a yurt in east San Diego County, elevation ~4,000 ft. Right now the hot water needs are served by a homemade batch solar heater (old tank painted black with reflector), which is plumbed to an outdoor shower about 15 feet away. The yurt lies 30 ft. beyond the shower and has an...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks