Recent content by XR4ti

1. XR4ti

Double wye used for double vanity

I have not had a problem with the traps being pulled dry, at least not yet. A friend of mine is currently building a new home with the same builder, same plumber, and plenty of double vanities. I told him to watch for this too. He has a different building inspector, though. The one for my...
  2. XR4ti

And to update my own thread - I still have the double wye's, the plumber never changed them to double fixture. I brought it up to the building inspector and this is what I was told: I talked with 2 master plumbers who have been around since the 70's and both say the wye with a 45 is ok. There...
  3. XR4ti

Double lavatory not vented, gurgling, not draining well

It appears like yours started as a single vanity, and the previous owner improperly added the one to the right. Here's how I did mine, if it helps. Had to open up the wall. https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/yet-another-single-to-double-vanity-post.28098/
  4. XR4ti

Mounting RPZA to deck joist

Hello, I'm a over a year away from my irrigation project, however I am finishing my basement this spring so I want to get my irrigation supply line and control wiring in place before the ceiling is closed up. The front and sides of the house are cultured stone, so I would prefer to punch...
  5. XR4ti

Thanks for the input, glad I asked here. I'll bring this up with my builder tomorrow. Rough inspection is next week and I'm not confident they will flag the fittings. Here's another pic. Looks like it's been bouncing around in the bottom of a DWV bin and they finally found a place to...
  6. XR4ti

Hello everyone - I've been visiting my new home daily as construction progresses, and the rough plumbing started last week. I noticed that they have used double wye's in the upstairs bathrooms, both slated for double vanities. I have seen and used the double fixture fitting in past projects...
  7. XR4ti

Survivors, Victim's Family Sue Furnace Installation Company

An update to this one.. It looks like the victims will be paid by the insurance company.. but I don't think the attorney is done, yet. In the second article, they discuss the detached drip leg once again: "The wrench showed loosening marks, not tightening marks," said Rottier. "You can tell...
  8. XR4ti

That's what I thought. One person was killed, he was a friend of the homeowners, and was living in the BASEMENT at the time. So, yeah, it is hard to imagine.
  9. XR4ti

Back in November, the whole house was leveled by a huge explosion. Focus turned immediately to the HVAC contractor since the furnace was replaced days before. The lawsuit photos show the drip leg was disconnected, and laying on the ground. Wonder if that worked itself loose, or was left off...
  10. XR4ti

Running Fiber (optic cable) Through the Sewers

This was interesting to read.... http://www.governing.com/topics/technology/Quincy-Running-Fiber-Through-the-Sewers.html This week, two streets in the river town of Quincy, Ill., will become different than all others -- under the surface, that is. The town is testing the option to run a...
  11. XR4ti

Pig Slop Contest. Who found the worst plumbing?

I saw this funky lav at the Melting Pot the other night. I wonder if anyone has mistaken it for a trough urinal? No ice cubes in it, so, maybe not. :)
  12. XR4ti

Single to double vanity - better way? Illinois

Double vanity at a child daycare? :)
  13. XR4ti

Extra blocking on engineered joists, no drill zone?

That was my original plan. Then my wife picked this cabinet. :eek:
  14. XR4ti

Extra blocking on engineered joists, no drill zone?

I've opened the floor in my master bath where this Rehau pex needs to be split up to accomodate an incoming double vanity. This portion of the bath is on a 2' overhang. (Where the insulation is seen. On the portion that overhangs, there seems to be 3/4" blocking stapled to the engineered...
  15. XR4ti

The 2009 pig slop contest begins

How did this service call come through? Was it like that for a while, or, was it a work in progress? No air gap on the dishwasher drain too?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks