Recent content by xjjeepman

1. xjjeepman

HELP!! How do i get this drain piece off my pipe???

Thanks guys, ill look into trying these methods. mikeplumber thx for the clarification. I may just get a friend of the family that is a contractor to handle this johnjh2o1 if I did this what would be the best method to extend the abs? tx
  2. xjjeepman

If i do end up having to make the hole bigger- what would be the best way to patch it? Also, how would i extend the pipe again? Just get a ABS coupling and glue it? thx again
  3. xjjeepman

Oh no this is what i was afraid of! Do you think they used epoxy? Would it be a good idea to cut the plywood? How would i patch that up?? I plan on putting a new pan in but this time i will lay a bed of mortar down 1st.
  4. xjjeepman

Hello all, noobie here. I have a little plumbing experience, but never had to deal with this. Im remodeling my bathroom and removed the shower pan (had to cut it apart to see what i was dealing with) and found that this drain to the old pan wont come off my ABS pipe. I really dont want to have...
  5. xjjeepman

Help-Need Input, Suggestions on Well Tank/Press Switch setup

OH-this pic is of my parents setup that was just installed not too long ago. Why should the check valve be removed?? So im assuming for my setup a check valve is not needed? I will check the pump pressure the way you explained, thx As for the CSV, how do i know what size to get and...
  6. xjjeepman

Well if stick with the 30/50 to be safe and use a csv im assuming it would be much better. As for a check valve i dont see one anywhere on my setup so maybe it has one on the pump? Its been this way for 24 years so i assume its ok this way??
  7. xjjeepman

Thanks Ronaldg, i appreciate the input. How can i tell if my pump can handle the higher pressure/larger tank? So use a yellow tank tyoe torch right, not blue? Whats a check valve and do i need one??
  8. xjjeepman

Hello all, Well I recently went through a horrible well tank press switch installation to say the least. I tried to install myself, was able to remove old tank/switch, installed new tank tee,switch etc, but when i went to solder the pipes they wouldnt get dry enough and to say the least im not...
  9. xjjeepman

Bath Tub NEWBIE

Oh and since i have swirls on my drywall ceiling will i be able to take the walls out without damaging the ceiling??? Maybe im better off with just getting a surround. I mean, they didnt use cement board and all this other fancy stuff when this was put together-it looks like they just slapped...
  10. xjjeepman

Bath Tub NEWBIE

Thanks for the info jadnashua; I guess i can always create an access point from one of my bedrooms closets if need be. What is cbu? Sorry for the dumb questions, not up to par on all the lingo yet. So no green drywall at all? Just vapor barrier on the studs then cbu (is that durock? cement...
  11. xjjeepman

Bath Tub NEWBIE

Oh i definitely was going to remove all the tile (as i said i need to re-tile anyways) and was going to rip out the linoleuom floor, toilet, etc anyways as i will be replacing them as well. What i wasnt sure of was how much sheetrock i will need to remove and how bathtubs are usually...
  12. xjjeepman

Bath Tub NEWBIE

Here r some pics of the horrible bathroom, its a shame because the tub and tile arent in bad shape but the tub is just too narrow and the tile and floor oudated.
  13. xjjeepman

Bath Tub NEWBIE

Hello all, new here. I am planning on remodeling my 2nd bathroom and would like to do most the work myself. I have experience in removing/installing toilets, vanity's, sinks etc. But never did a bath tub. My current setup is an older ~1984 thin steel tub (says Beatz or Boatz on the side i...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks