Recent content by wynn003

1. W

Well water occasional brown water. DIY analyzed taken for advice.

For those that are still wondering, I haven't done anything but the sump pump that I replaced a few weeks ago had been running. Haven't seen the brownish water for at least a couple of weeks, through rain and regeneration. Still a mystery. I'm ready to get an air injected H2S, Fe and Mn filter...
  2. W

Since we got the house, it had a clear plastic (think zip lock type) cover that has a brick on it. 3 years ago, I wised up and put a 6" well cap. It's about 8" above. House was built 1993, not sure of well age. After all the rain we had, water is "clear" from faucet and from tank o_O
  3. W

I didn't check/see if there is a check valve above ground, only the one near/TO the pump This is why I was confused when guy said that if it's caused by faulty pressure switch, that it might be swirling/agitating the water from the well - to me it would mean it would "backwash" a bit to the...
  4. W

guy had me check pressure of well tank when empty. It was 43psi, let air out to 38psi. Had me check with food coloring to see if water is leaking on toilets. After everything, he then said that maybe we need to pull out the pump and check if there's holes/etc by the casing letting brownish...
  5. W

Thanks Thanks. How about my other thoughts about checking the health of the casing etc? Seems logical? I read about putting iron out in the brine tank. I was sort of afraid using water with iron out in it... and even for drinking (through a refrigerator carbon filter). But then that...
  6. W

Thanks. I saw that. Many complaints are about the UPS shipping fees not part of the pricing
  7. W

Hi. We have had the occasional brown water for years. We've gotten a new soft water system (since old one was non-digital and didn't know what's going on). Well water test kit says we're ok. Lately, tested the brownish water with iron-out chemical (to see that it's not tannins) and it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks