Recent content by woodeye

1. woodeye

woodeye

Hooray! Well gentlemen I think we're on our way. After priming the hand pump, getting the leather wet I could feel that it was creating a vacuum. After about 10 pumps I started to get water. I hooked on a 5 gal pail, pumped in about 3-4 gals. Then I opened up the ball valve, I could hear the...
  2. woodeye

woodeye

I'm off again boy I wish there was wi fi near the house. I'll give your procedures a try. Ive got everything crossed. Wish me luck. Jeff
  3. woodeye

woodeye

Hi bob I do have the hand pump on top of the vertical pipe coming up from the point. I'm not trying to pull through the pump or the horizontal pipe. I did leave the horizontal pipe hooked up because both ends are in awkward places, and the check valve is holding 25# of pressure since last nite...
  4. woodeye

woodeye

I just returned from trying to get the hand pump to work. I must have left to pick up the equipment and went straight to the house. So I didn't get your post until just now. I pumped like the dickens 50 - 60 pumps slow, fast, I did put a little water in the spout and on the piston but I think...
  5. woodeye

woodeye

Thanks guys I'm not young but I'm beginning to think I might be as stupid as my wife thinks I am. I've never use a hand /pitcher pump before. Does it need to be primed prior to pumping and after I break the vacuum with the ball valve?
  6. woodeye

woodeye

Thanks Bob I wish I had just started getting stuff from you in the first place! I just located a pitcher pump at our local version of Home Depot, Lowes. It's called ******* as in racing if you follow that. Both HD and Lowes didn't have it in the stores locally. I'm going to get it now. Sammy...
  7. woodeye

woodeye

I just thought of something else. If I run the jet pump, then turn it off, will there be a vacuum in the pipe down to the point. If so, and there is a vacuum, would that indicate that there isn't a leak? Or doesn't the pipe maintain a vacuum. The check valve does seem to be holding the prime...
  8. woodeye

woodeye

I'll get looking for the stuff in the morning. I'll let y'all what happens next. Did you ever hear the saying "no good deed ever goes unpunished". Jeff
  9. woodeye

woodeye

Back again. Where does one go about getting a hand pump. Right now the vertical pipe comes up to a tee with a vertical pipe coming up from the tee above grade with a cap and a horizontal pipe from the tee over to the jet pump. Would I plug the horizontal pipe and put the hand pump on the end...
  10. woodeye

woodeye

PS Would either of you guys consider giving me a phone # I could talk to you at. You could send it to my email for privacy reasons. Then I could call you from the house to describe the situation in real time. If you do, let me know what times are good or bad to call. I understand if you would...
  11. woodeye

woodeye

Well well a new voice. Thanks for your input sammy. Got it all put together and problems. I primed the pump turned it on started to build pressure got to about 20# and stayed there. I opened the hose bib to flush thinking it needed to bleed air. water ran for a few min, but pressure never got...
  12. woodeye

woodeye

Good morning Bob. Did you get a chance to look at my last post re flushing etc. I'll be going over there today. I was just wondering if my thoughts make any sense. I think I lined up the 1 1/4" poly. I'll be near my pc for a while yet. Otherwise I'll talk to you later. Jeff
  13. woodeye

woodeye

I was going to use the neighbors hose, put it into the well as far as it will go and flush it that way. I read that flushing with a hose was another way to get the sand and dirt out. I don't have a picture pump. Do I need to be concerned about the sand damaging the jet pump. I also read that...
  14. woodeye

woodeye

You said good and bad. Well bad first. Dug over to the new location got set up and the drive cap was too big to fit inside the driver by 1/8". So I sent the kid to my house to grind it down enough to fit while I put a spare one on that I got just in case and began driving with a sledge hammer. I...
  15. woodeye

woodeye

Off we go I'll keep you posted Jeff
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks