Recent content by WolfB

1. WolfB

Mold in wall - advice on cleaning

Thanks again, Dana. Great info. Is DAP Extreme Stretch Crackproof Elastomeric Sealant a good choice for around boxes and drywall edges?
  2. WolfB

Again, thanks a million, Dana. We followed the plan and completed the following: 1) Caulked all stud bays with Loctite PL S40 2) Filled a few voids with Great Stuff Big Gap and Window and Door expanding foam. 3) Filled wall with Rockwool R23 batts, (Great stuff to work with!) 4) Hung the...
  3. WolfB

Thanks again, Dana, for be so patient with me. With your extensive help, I have a plan. One final question, I have a gap between two 2x6s that runs from the top plate to the bottom plate that I am thinking of filling completely with Great Stuff Big Gap Filler. It varies from about 3/4" at the...
  4. WolfB

Thanks again, Dana. I'm learning ALOT! More than my brain can handle, that last post took me a while to process. I was hoping to put the PVC directly over the Membrain mainly because we have a window in this wall that is 1/2" proud of the studs and the PVC would flush up to it nicely. Since...
  5. WolfB

Thanks again, Dana. You time is greatly appreciated. Just for clarity (i'm easily confused), I can just use something like wallboard/OSB/plywood and NOT use the Membrain? Or do I put up the Membrain and then the wallboard/OSB/plywood? Brian
  6. WolfB

Dana, Thanks again for your insight. So do you think my best plan would be to caulk all the junctions on the studs and OSB with something like Loctite PL S40. Then fill the bays with well trimmed Roxul. Then use the Membrain on the interior and then put up the PVC shiplap?
  7. WolfB

Thanks for the info, Dana! Don't know if this makes a difference, but the PVC shiplap in in 6" board form, not solid sheets. Also, I forgot to ask for any advice on actually cleaning/preventing the mold. I had read somewhere that borax does a good job of killing/preventing mold. Thanks again...
  8. WolfB

Howdy All, Remodeling the master bath and found some mold in a couple of the exterior wall cavities. Being that we live in northern WI, wondering what the best course of action is to clean it and prevent it from coming back? Old man winter doesn't want to give up and we are currently in the 20s...
  9. WolfB

Programming Fleck 7000 SXT

I'm just trying to understand the salt dosage component to water softening and make sure I am getting the most out of the unit. I've seen some great input here and thought I might glean some insight from the experience.
  10. WolfB

Programming Fleck 7000 SXT

Howdy All, I just installed my water softener and I have a few questions I can't seem to figure out. My specs: Fleck 7000 SXT Hardness: 10 Total (iron and manganese included) Resin: 1.25 Cubic Foot of standard resin (which is good for 40K, I believe) 5 People in our home My current settings...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks