Recent content by wlpitcher

1. wlpitcher

Toilet for Ostomy. Single lever, low flow?

OK, same flush with a new name. Thanks. My space in front of the toilet is very tight due to a shower door swing. If my rough-in is 13", the idea of fudging about 1/2" over the drain line offers another idea. Do you think it would work if I used the 14" unifit and fudged 1/2" away from the...
  2. wlpitcher

Thanks for your replies. I've been away from this for a few days. The Vespin II spec sheet I downloaded, CST474CEF(G) 1.28gpm, shows a Tornado flush system. A spec sheet I downloaded a while back for the same model number had a Double Cyclone flush. Did they change it or did the name...
  3. wlpitcher

Does this apply to all toilets? Would thing that the force or flow might decrease after the "design" amount. Not so?
  4. wlpitcher

The idea of a dual flow toilet seems good to me as solid waste is involved only about 25% of the time in our house. But I can't seem to find a dual flow with a good rating or reviews. And would prefer not to have a button on the middle of the lid where our tissue box sits. We also have a few...
  5. wlpitcher

Shorten a 14" Uni-fit adapter?

Thanks Reach 4, think your referenced thread defines the "play". If the id of the cast iron pipe is 3.5" and the unifit id is 2.25" there should be about 5/8" to move back and forth and still be lined up. Which ties in with jadnashua's post, think I'll go with his idea, get both and see what...
  6. wlpitcher

Shorten a 14" Uni-fit adapter?

Could a 14" Toto Uni-fit adapter be cut, shortened and welded back together? We're thinking of a Toto Guinevere toilet. I thought our rough-in was centered between the hold down bolts but the plumber said it's at the rear bolt, which makes it 13" from the wall. Can't actually locate it until...
  7. wlpitcher

Lengthen 14" Unifit adapter?

Has anyone tried to lengthen the Unifit adapter from 14" to say 16"? I've got a 15 1/2" rough-in and only 20†from the front of the existing toilet to the shower door. The existing toilet front is 28 1/2" from the rear wall tile. I don’t want to be any closer to the shower with the new...
  8. wlpitcher

16" rough in; what to do?

Any update from wecamuspeople on how the extension of the 14" Unifit worked? I've got a 15 1/2" rough-in and only 20” from the front of the toilet to the shower door, I don’t want to be any closer to the door with the new toilet, a little more clearance would help. Thinking of a Vespin ii with...
  9. wlpitcher

Drake ii Rough-in vs. existing 15 5/8â€

I’ve settled in on the Drake ii after Terry’s helpful post suggesting it would work well with my wife’s ostomy bag. Now will it fit? Our existing toilet is a 1939 vintage “Americanâ€, I’m assuming American Standard. The measurement from the wall tile to the center of the bolts...
  10. wlpitcher

Toto Drake II vs Aquia - Ostomy bag

Thanks Terry, that gives me the confidence I was looking for. I'll give you a confirm when we have it up and running.
  11. wlpitcher

Toto Drake II vs Aquia - Ostomy bag

My wife has an ostomy bag which she empties onto the front wall on the toilet, between her legs. Contents are sticky, varying from lumps to applesauce. I was thinking of a Drake ii with the double cyclone flush, but saw a video of the Aquia which seemed to have a flush directly in the front...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks