Recent content by WJP

1. WJP

Tips of the Trade - prepping old Cast for Fernco?

There is though from what i can see and feel nome within the area where the Fernocs connect.
  2. WJP

Tips of the Trade - prepping old Cast for Fernco?

I seem to have a very small small leak on two Ferncos I installed yesterday. I have cut a wye into my 4" cast iron waste line for a new basement bathroom and used 2 Ferncos intended for cast to PVC. The gap from Cast to PVC is 1/4" on each end so no sagging. The Ferncos are good and tight but...
  3. WJP

Initial plumbing inspection

Hmmm.. Fortunately I am just dry fitted at this point (and not using the fixtures above this section of the wast line. Oddly, for all the books I've reviewed and diagrams and you tube videos I have looked at online none has had a test-t on an underground branch line. Also no mention specific...
  4. WJP

Thanks HJ & Terry for your responses. I may not have the right terminology but am not clear on how the new branch line I have installed is isolated for pressure/water testing. I have purchased test caps for all the open vents and drains but as the new branch is connected into my main horizontal...
  5. WJP

I anticipate the answer to this question is similar in most jurisdictions. I have completed the underground drain lines for a 3 piece basement bath. It appears from local (Toronto) forums that my plumbing imspector will also expect to see the vent system complete however the stud walls through...
  6. WJP

Underground Branch Line Ok to Cross Over Main Waste Line?

Thanks. Would you just do a second wyefurther upstream for the shower? I simplified the diagram but have a number of wyes bringing in my exterior downspout drainage (115 year old house). it's pretty tight to cut in a wye further upsteam from the branch wye I've shown. John
  7. WJP

Underground Branch Line Ok to Cross Over Main Waste Line?

Hello all - quick question. For a basement bathroom is there any reason a branch line can't cross over the main waste line? Any specific separation required? I suspect the answer is pretty standard by jurisdiction but I'm in Ontario Canada if anyone can cite that specifically. Diagram attached...
  8. WJP

Basement Bath Layout

I am new to the site and have been able to answer a lot of the questions I had already; thanks to all who have contributed! I am tackling my first DIY 3 piece bath in my basement and would very much appreciate a quick scan from eyes that will know whether my plan covers the basics. I also have...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks