Recent content by -Wims-

1. -Wims-

Help?! Late night water expansion tank leak

Thanks. The expansion tank is up on the ceiling in the top right of the second photo. I wasn't referring to the water heater itself. What you said makes sense, but it was easier at 2 a.m. with water raining everywhere down on me from the expansion tank to just shut off the water at the house...
  2. -Wims-

And nevermind. I figured out that valve is on the wrong side of the water flow so I was actually making it worse; I am really bad at this sort of thing! There wasn't a shut-off valve before the leaking tank (the pipe went straight from where it came into the house to that tank) so I had to shut...
  3. -Wims-

This is a better view of the line toward the tank. In theory, if I close this valve, the tank will stop leaking when it runs out of water, right? Hopefully?
  4. -Wims-

Thank you! (And bless you for being awake!) Yes, it looks like there are valves on both the line to the HW tank and out of it toward the leaky tank. The valve on the left is the line into the HW tank, I think. And the one on the right goes out toward the leaking expansion tank.
  5. -Wims-

I just went down to my basement before bed and found that my "potable water expansion tank" is leaking. Pretty sure it's the tank itself leaking and not fittings; I can see a spray out of one side of the tank and there's an actual leak out of the bottom. I know nothing about plumbing. I am...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks