Recent content by Whatsthat

1. Whatsthat

What is this test cap-like thing?

Yep! After spending a bit of time with a mallet and screwdriver, I was able to separate the fused rubber from the pipe opening. Apparently not being opened for a couple of decades makes a difference! Thanks for your help.
  2. Whatsthat

Thanks for the quick reply. The test plugs I am familiar with all look different. Following a sandwich analogy, the one I have in my floor is two sandwich bread slices with nothing in between (see pics #2 & #3), whereas the rubber test plugs have a top slice and a rubber filling with no bottom...
  3. Whatsthat

It's in the basement floor but lacks the rubber "meat cleat" of a test cap. The bolt head is out of sight, and I'm afraid to completely take off the wing nut without getting creative for keeping the bolt from falling into, presumably, the cast iron sewer line under it. When I unscrew it to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks