Recent content by Wes

1. Wes

Central Humidifier and no Ducts

Hello I've been looking for it but I can't find it. I want to install a wall mounted humidifier but we do not have forced air system. I was watching a home improvement show a few years ago and they installed just such a device. It had a water supply and a drain connection and it was...
  2. Wes

PEX Pipe Snakes in Basement

We have an oil furnace and boiler with baseboard. We had an addition and new zone added on to our house. The new zone uses PEX pipe. The new PEX loop runs from one end of the basement to the other end. When the PEX heats up it "snakes" in all the sections between where it is fastened to...
  3. Wes

Hi, Lo, and Diff setting

I set it to 180/140/10. Works great. It used to be 160/140/10. No wonder it took a while for the house to warm up.
  4. Wes

Hi, Lo, and Diff setting

JDNashua was asking where the DHW comes from... As for the efficiency, I think you have to balance efficiency with comfort and lifestyle, among other factors. Sure driving at SmartCar would be efficient, but I'm 6'9" and a family of 4. Not very comfy. Just like having the hot water...
  5. Wes

Hi, Lo, and Diff setting

DHW / Seasonal Hi/Lo Not sure what you mean or how to tell where the DHW comes from. It comes right from the furnace. Cold goes in, hot pipe comes out to a "mixer" valve where I can adjust the mix of hot/cold. I think I solved the problem by setting the differential dial to its minimum...
  6. Wes

Hi, Lo, and Diff setting

We recently had an addition put on the house and a new heating zone added. We have an oil furnace that supplies heat and hot water. While the plumber was here the last time he decided to "fix" things on the temperature settings. Unfortunately, I don't remember what the Honeywell...
  7. Wes

An AC Return & Vent no longer needed

Cap Yes, they're flex. I'll take a look at getting some end caps and popping them on. thanks.
  8. Wes

Uh oh... Ok, so how do I install dampers? It's just insulated flex pipe from the air handler out to the vents. I looked up dampers on a plumbing supply site and obviously it's just the damper. Do I need to install some sheet metal pipe and put the damper in it? thanks again!
  9. Wes

Cool The system was "just big enough", with a reasonable margin, to handle all the rooms including the addition. I don't have the exact numbers but I'm guessing it will be ok. Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a try and keep an eye out. thanks Wes
  10. Wes

No dampers The two supplies don't have dampers right now. If I install some dampers can I just put a damper on the return, also? thanks Wes
  11. Wes

This past summer we had central air installed. It has one zone/thermostat. The main area of the house as several vents and one main return. An unfinished bonus room over the garage has 2 vents and one return. The return and vents for that room are not branches, they connect directly to...
  12. Wes

My Taco is Ticking

Gt85 I took off the power heads. Sprayed the valves liberally with GT85. No more ticking! I could sleep last night! Hopefully this lasts a while. Next step would be to replace the valve. (GT85 is like WD40 but with a higher oil to solvent ratio). Thanks for the help.
  13. Wes

My Taco is Ticking

That would make sense. WD-40 it?
  14. Wes

My Taco is Ticking

Hi there. This forum has helped me out before so I'll try again. I have oil baseboard hot water heat. Two zones. Taco zone valves. Zone 2 does this when activated: Tick...........Tick.........Tick.......Tick...TickTickTickTickTick pause 15 -30 seconds...
  15. Wes

Kathunk from the pressure tank

Check Valve Is the check valve in question the one at the well head (outdoors)?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks