Recent content by WellHead

1. WellHead

Small hose in toilet tank - why?

The problem I would have in citing that, is were the changes approved by the original designer or an on-staff Engineer? Thanks for some thought provoking responses, I will depart until I have another vexatious plumbing question. :) There's a lot of irrational white-noise-static on this...
  2. WellHead

But that's my point, the Engineers came from those Pioneers who developed methods to perfect the structures and then document the process so that other could learn and develop advanced designs. The Inuit in igloo design were the Engineers of their time. Too many other things to really respond...
  3. WellHead

BV, perhaps a new pair of reading glasses will help you. I said, "as soon as the flapper shut, I held it down." I did not say I held it down right from the get go. Geeze you plumbing guys have poor eyesight. LOL :D :D All moot now though.
  4. WellHead

Ha haa, if it was not for Engineers, construction workers would have nothing to construct (Arhcitectual Engineers) and nothing to use to construct, no machinery, no tools, materials, concrete, reticulated water, the list goes on and on. If it was not for Engineers, you would still be chasing...
  5. WellHead

Hand basin causing goop

Hhmmmm HJ, Nebulous reasoning at best. Would you care to suggest a product HD caries that is not approved for installation? I will have my Brother-in-Law check it out with Frank Blake who lives two doors up from him.
  6. WellHead

Hi BV, I pushed the flapper down with a 4" disk of flat plastic sheet. As soon as the flapper dropped onto the seat, I pushed on it with the disk and sealed it and waited until it filled the tank. It still filled the bowl up to the Iron stain with the original volume of flush water. All...
  7. WellHead

LOL :D :D, it may be a chore to explain to Engineers, but at least we read well. My last post stated that the entire toilet, base, tank and all inner workings came in a single box and is about 3 years old. No danger there of emptying the tank. If Engineers are so useless then how come...
  8. WellHead

Thanks for clearing that up, but the reality is it could never become a siphon until the difference in head was in excess of the mains pressure which on my well varies between 40-psi and 55-psi. The tube, if you check the pic in the first post, is about 5" long and even if it was 5-feet long...
  9. WellHead

Tool for removing 3 inch flush valve?

7-bucks at HF... http://www.harborfreight.com/2-inch-to-4-1-4-quarter-inch-oil-filter-wrench-36778.html
  10. WellHead

Hand basin causing goop

Thanks for the suggestion, but we are using an anti-bacterial liquid soap. I actually thought the "anti-bacterial," might be anti-microbial and prevent the goop. :) I will clean the tank out and change to a different brand of soap and see if that makes any difference. Another thought might...
  11. WellHead

Hi all, Thanks for the input, but let me clear some things up. The toilets are around two or three years old and they were complete sets. As in tank and base came came ready to drop on the wax ring, tighten the two floor bolts and the two tank bolts and connect the water. I do not hold...
  12. WellHead

Hand basin causing goop

Thanks, I guess we will have to live with it. I actually tried some of the in-tank cleaners which worked, but the white/clear colored ones ate up the rubber seals, even though the packaging said it would not. Momma hates the blued colored ones, so I guess I clean it out occasionally.
  13. WellHead

Thanks for the quick reply but the bowl is still filling to the normal level with the hose flowing into the main tank. I guess I can leave it like that and save a little extra water. :) I know it is filling the bowl to the correct level as we are on a well and the Iron Bacteria has left level...
  14. WellHead

Hand basin causing goop

Hi All, I added a small toilet en-suite to a bedroom and to save space I decided to use a small hand basin that vented into the toilet tank. This all worked well, but now some months later I notice that the waste water and soap is causing slimy goop to form in the toilet tank. I am...
  15. WellHead

Hi All, Ooops, sorry, this should have gone in the Toilet Forum. Our toilet tanks have a small hose that runs from the inlet to the overflow tube. I assumed that it was some kind of overflow, but it ain't. I had to replace the flapper and overflow unit and I could not get the plastic ring to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks