Recent content by Well-man

1. Well-man

Rainsoft Q2 PCB: Used Working Part? or Repair Service Provider?

Does anyone know: What typically causes the Q2 PCB 1/2 amp 3AG fuse to blow? Which component(s) typically fails on the Q2 control board? My soldering skills are sufficient to replace individual components. However, on an initial visual inspection of the PCB, none of the components are...
  2. Well-man

https://inspectapedia.com/plumbing/Rain-Soft-Water-Softener.jpg https://duckduckgo.com/?q=rainsoft+Q2&atb=v43-1&iax=images&ia=images&pn=1
  3. Well-man

We are the original owners of a well-maintained Rainsoft softener, which has reliably provided soft H2O for 35 yrs. The valve has been reliable. The only issue is the electronic control head. We have two Q2 PCBs. - First one died about 7 yrs ago. Off the top of my head, I don't recall...
  4. Well-man

New RO, Reverse osmosis

Good to know - thanks!
  5. Well-man

New RO, Reverse osmosis

Watts Premier RO PURE RO-4: Amazon Customer Reviews Amazon Customer Reviews are mostly positive. However, there were several complaints about signifcant faucet leaks and that the tank was adding a plastic/rubber taste/smell to the water. One person even suggested replacing the Watts tank with...
  6. Well-man

New RO, Reverse osmosis

Dittohead, Thanks for the receommendation. When I Googled the ERP-500, I also found the following: Pentek RO-2500 4-Stage 50 GPD RO System w/ERP-500 Permeate Pump Kit 50 Gallon Per Day GE Osmonics Desal TFM-50 Thin Film Composite Membrane Pentek P5 5 micron polypropylene sediment...
  7. Well-man

New RO, Reverse osmosis

Has anyone had any experiece with the Watts Premier 531411 RO PURE RO-4 with optional Aquatec® ERP-1000 560041 Permeate Pump Kit? Filters: 5 Micron Sediment Filter 5 micron Carbon Block 50 GPD Thin Film Composite Membrane Carbon Post Filter "System tested and certified by WQA against...
  8. Well-man

New RO, Reverse osmosis

Dittohead, Thank you for your WOW analysis. What should I look for when selecting a residential RO system with a permeate pump? Are there well regarded brands & models of membranes, filters, or RO systems? Quality-oriented brands that are less likely to leak or less complicated to service...
  9. Well-man

New RO, Reverse osmosis

NEXT-RO vs. Standard RO with a Permeate Pump One example would be the Aquapurion APRO-5050-P. It uses the following: 5 Micron Pre-Filter - PURITY PLUS (2) Carbon Block Pre-Filters - OMNIPURE OMB934 In-Line GAC Post-Filter - OMNIPURE 50 GPD Axeon (R.O. UltraTec) Residential Membrane -...
  10. Well-man

New RO, Reverse osmosis

One possibility might be the APRO-5050-P for example.
  11. Well-man

New RO, Reverse osmosis

water solutions, Thanks for your reply. In my 1st post I was asking if the cost of a NEXT-RO was an issue compared to the cost of a good quality standard RO plus the cost of a Permeate Pump? (I understand the water pressure benefits of a WOW tank.) What additional filters would be most...
  12. Well-man

New RO, Reverse osmosis

Is it a wise choice for a basement install directly below the kitchen sink?
  13. Well-man

New RO, Reverse osmosis

The NEXT-RO looks advantageous. Why has interest in NEXT-RO been low? Marketing? Cost compared to a standard RO + Permeate Pump? Are there any issues with the design that have not yet been addressed? Thanks.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks