Recent content by wee-haggis

1. wee-haggis

Roof Drain Vent

Yes....I have seen this, but it still leaves the end fully open (I read about critter issues and acorn deposits etc).With the amount of snow we get , the 180 degree facing end would be blocked by snow easily. Thanks anyway
  2. wee-haggis

Roof Drain Vent

I suspect that debris has fallen into my one and only roof,drain vent (this has still to be confirmed). If indeed this is confirmed to be the case, is there such a thing as a ABS Roof Vent Cover ?(like a ABS Cap with multiple holes or slats in it ) Thanks
  3. wee-haggis

Water Pipe Hammering

I've attached a short video. Its an awkward spot to get at ,but I could stand on a stool and stretch over above the water tank to shoot it. This is the area where the clunking is the most obvious (and loudest) although you can hear it throughout the house. I did some experimenting yesterday...
  4. wee-haggis

Water Pipe Hammering

I have already determinded that the sound is coming from the area shown in the previous image
  5. wee-haggis

Water Pipe Hammering

I took some photos in inaccessible areas and what you see is the hot water pipe (in the foreground) going from right to left (then down to bathroom sink),the pipe beyond that is the cold water line teeing off of the main incoming water supply (which then carries on to the water tank). It appears...
  6. wee-haggis

Water Pipe Hammering

Amateur here,so assistance needed. I've attached a photo showing my tank. Cold water on right (3/4" or 5/8") and hot on the left (1/2").
  7. wee-haggis

Water Pipe Hammering

If indeeds its heat traps,how is this resolved ? Thanks
  8. wee-haggis

Water Pipe Hammering

Thanks. Appreciate explanation
  9. wee-haggis

Water Pipe Hammering

I recently moved into a 50 year old house and started to noticed water hammering (at least I think that what it is). No matter which faucet I turn on or off it...clunks each time (bathroom ,shower,washer,kitchen etc). It appears to be coming from a semi-inaccessible location in the basement...
  10. wee-haggis

Outdoor Faucet....Can't Get A Good Seal

Today I attempted (for the first time) to use an outdoor water faucet in ny back yard. When I attached the hose the water sprayed all over the place. I changed the washer and tried again. Still no good...it was sparying out from the top of the connection. On closer inspection I noticed it was a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks