Recent content by webgrunt

1. webgrunt

Water heater blew (layman questions)

Oops, accidentally posted twice. I don't see a "delete" option...
  2. webgrunt

Right, the anode rod. I looked in my manual and it says the anode is there to prevent corrosion of the tank by corroding instead of the tank--once the anode is all used up, the tank begins to corrode. Why all the hulabaloo about flushing, then? I mean, I can see where a lot of sediment...
  3. webgrunt

BLAST! I found out the water heater has to fit into a space 18" wide. That severely limits my options.
  4. webgrunt

Oh, forgot. It's a Rheem model 21V40-38 natural gas 40-gallon one.
  5. webgrunt

OK, this is my first water heater blowout. I have some questions: 1. Can you point me to where I can find tips on buying a new one? 2. Why aren't the tanks made of stainless steel so they don't blow out in the first place? 3. I'm just now learning you have to drain them. Would it be...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks