Recent content by weather777

1. weather777

Pressure Tank Flood Protection

With a pressure tank in the main living area of the house ---is there some device that can be installed to shut off the pressure tank to prevent a flooded home in the event of a pipe leak/break? Thank you
  2. weather777

Dehumidifier

Any opinions on a good "bang for the buck" (in terms of both initial cost and operating cost) dehumidifier brand for a crawl space (about 700sqft) ? Thank you
  3. weather777

Cheapest way to cool master bedroom?

I found a product called BedFan to try to accomplish your goal---just got it last week so I have no opinion as to effectiveness yet.Im not sure if the noise level is going to be a bother .You can do a search and form an opinion. I have no vested /financial interest in the product.
  4. weather777

HVAC Industry Standard

Sorry about that-- I see part of my question was inadvertently left off... Is it standard to install a furnace that is 4 years old (furnace manufactured 4 years ago) in a newly constructed custom home and sell it as a new furnace?
  5. weather777

HVAC Industry Standard

Can you please tell me if it is industry standard to install a gas furnace in a new home that was manufactured 4 years ago? Thank you
  6. weather777

Supply Air Temp

Thank you very much---
  7. weather777

Supply Air Temp

Could some one please tell me how to determine what the supply air temperature should be in heat pump mode when the outside temperature is 40 and the room temperature is 57---I.E. heating the house up in the AM from an initial 57 degrees to 65 how warm should the air from the register be---seems...
  8. weather777

Heat Pump Temp Economic Balance Point

Thank you --Yes ,that is correct. The COP for 70 degree inside (we keep it 65,but COP not available) OUTSIDE COP 10 degrees 2.15 20 degrees 2.65 30 Degrees...
  9. weather777

Heat Pump Temp Economic Balance Point

Can someone please tell me how to determine the proper economic balance point for switchover temperature on a dual fuel (electric/propane) heat pump ? Its currently set at 40 degrees,but with propane at $2.90 gallon and electric at 9 cents KWh I doubt this makes sense.Is it difficult for a lay...
  10. weather777

Well Pump access

Thank you very much for all the advice---
  11. weather777

Well Pump access

They are planning to leave it about 18" high.The pump is at 640ft on 80 threaded PVC with #8 wire-Would an upsy Daisy work?
  12. weather777

Well Pump access

This well head is about 12 ft from the flat area---what are the options for getting the pump pulled (640 ft deep) and a new one dropped? New construction and well casing will be cut and pressure tank removed. Thank you
  13. weather777

Well Physics

Its a 6" pipe and have been told each ft is about 1.5 gallons 340ft x 1.5gal = 510 gallon reserve Is that correct? Thank you
  14. weather777

Well Physics

Alternety Would the storage be 340ft i.e. 640-300=340 or is there some additional loss making it 260 ft?
  15. weather777

Well Physics

This is the scenario : The well is 1000 ft deep with a static level of 300 ft and yield of 2.2 GPM.We were told the water was hit at 800 ft.Being on a very tight budget the pump was dropped to 640 ft (Red jacket 1.5 HP 8GPM).We are now being told we need to drop it to 980 ft or will run out...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks