Recent content by WCarp

1. W

Close 1 1/4" Newly Installed Nipples Leaking

I was able to purchase some close brass nipples from a plumber in the Omak area but now I need an easy out or nipple remover. No one has one in the area to rent or buy. I checked with the plumber that I got the brass nipple from and he priced a 1-1/4" nipple remover at $112, I believe, from his...
  2. W

Where can a person get brass nipples? I haven't seen any in any store in the in Omak WA area.
  3. W

I'm not sure where I could get brass close nipples here in a rural area in Eastern Washington but yes, they would be better than galvanized as for corrosion. I believe I saw on at least one nipple package that it was made in China. As for tightness, I have everything good and tight--so much so...
  4. W

I used only the regular thin Teflon tape and after tightening everything good and tight there were still some threads left visible between the parts the close nipples threaded into. Thanks.
  5. W

The nipple are galvanized. OD is 1 1/4 inches.
  6. W

I have a problem with multiple close (shortest you can get) 1 1/4" OD newly installed galvanized nipples leaking. I used a few wraps of 3/4" wide Teflon tape and tightened the nipples well. Most of the nine I installed are slowing leaking/seeping. Is this a known issue since the threads on the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks