Recent content by WayneGretzky

1. WayneGretzky

Help with pipe layout and direction

Thank you very much for your help, i am going online next to order them both. I won't be ready for plumbing for a couple months anyways so perfect! Funny thing is that i tried to find books online and the Orange box and then Chapters but they are all geared towards "how to replace a water tank"...
  2. WayneGretzky

I just found another thread where the poster had fancy 3d drawings and got all sorts of help, i guess is that what you need here? I see how the toilet and vent was done and how the shower has to vent now. If any plumbers want to do a plumbing plan consultation if i send the room drawing and...
  3. WayneGretzky

This second book seems like the one to get hey? Does anyone else read this book and/or recommend it?
  4. WayneGretzky

I have the permit already, i am not sure what you are referring to? I have the building, plumbing and electrical permits. edit: ok i see you must be talking to the previous poster, sorry.
  5. WayneGretzky

Yeah i did get two quotes on the plumbing for $1900 and $2700 but i just lost my job so i am trying to save some money here. Also going to use the time off to build our own cabinets etc.
  6. WayneGretzky

Yeah but it didn't work that way. I went down with my plan, that's when they informed me of an engineers stamp for the structural part of it. I got that for them and then went over and got the building and plumbing permit, then i had to go to a separate place to get a wiring permit. They will...
  7. WayneGretzky

DIY Again

Another thought to a long thread that seems pretty simple. He is a stay at home dad, that is his job. If it took 20,000 hrs to build what does it matter? If those hours would have been used to watch t.v. and take naps on the couch during the daytime, he has still saved that money. If a...
  8. WayneGretzky

I did show them a similar drawing with more of the room and how i was going to move a wall, and showed them an engineers report for the floor support but they just want the money. Said if there are any deficiancies they would let me know when they inspected. I should have added that they were...
  9. WayneGretzky

So where the toilet is the pipe has to end at the toilet? And if i understand you correctly i have to vent the bathtub at a point where i can just go straight up with no horizontal run?
  10. WayneGretzky

Ok i tried to sketch it and then took a photo:confused: Not sure about the venting issue and what the needs are Not sure about where to connect in the bath to the main line to the toilet open to any and all thoughts, ideas, criticism etc!
  11. WayneGretzky

Ok thanks guys, that is the problem is trying to figure out how to draw something on a computer that will make sense to you. Thanks anyways!
  12. WayneGretzky

Hi everyone, longtime lurker here and new member! I have a bathroom reno i am going to do at home and was hoping to get some plumbing layout advice. I am moving my toilet to the other side of the bathroom. So on that wall there will be a toilet on the left and then three feet right to the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks