Recent content by Wayne64SS

1. Wayne64SS

Pump is Bad :(

rofl thats just where i set the screwdriver! I didn't even notice it was in the pic till you just pointed it out ahahah
  2. Wayne64SS

advise on pump that is blowing fuse

I just replaced my 1/2hp at 300ft deep. The guy only charged me $1100 including extended warranty to pull and replace it. I unfortunately have no idea on recommendations for what to put in there, but hopefully this should give a good price point. Also see my thread for some pics and a more...
  3. Wayne64SS

thanks, its my girls cheapy... mine the batt was dead. i wasn't even trying to take decent pics. I will check that when i get a shot... tonight is relax/drinking night so it might not be tonight. then again, maybe it will, but the pics might be alittle blurry ;)
  4. Wayne64SS

They are 220 right? Only reason i ask is because it has a double breaker in the basement... If thats the case i can just wire it up for a 220v plug and pulg it into the big outlets in the garage to test it.... leaving a wire running through my ammeter. This thing looks like it would make one...
  5. Wayne64SS

well is around 300 ft and the bill was a total of $1100.
  6. Wayne64SS

This is the top of the motor: Resistance (ohmmeter set to 200) at motor connection: I hope this can help anyone else out there who wonders whats inside these things and how they work. I know i have a vastly better understanding now.
  7. Wayne64SS

Inside of pump after disassembly: Shaft that runs through the center: Bottom underside of the pump where it mates to motor:
  8. Wayne64SS

Inside pump with first section removed: Both sections of Unobtanium removed: Inside pump with first and second section out: All of the sections taken apart 1st is bottom right last is top left: and again.
  9. Wayne64SS

the well saga continued: Well the guy was here at 4:30, had everything out and back in by 5:45 and we were pumping some new water. Everything seems good, good pressure in the house, NO BANGING, etc. Now for the bad news.... I got hit with $350 in labor and this meatball wasn't even here 2...
  10. Wayne64SS

excellent. exactly what i was looking for. Thank you all very much for your help. I will post how i make out tonight along with some pics along the way. I will put that pressure switch in after the pump is replaced. i can't see paying this guy to do something i can do by myself no problem...
  11. Wayne64SS

I have no problem spending the money to have it done right... I didn't think $1000-$1200 was a bad price, plus he said he would work with me no problem. What kind of warranty should I ask for / about on the new one? Also should i look at installing a low pressure saftey switch to prevent the new...
  12. Wayne64SS

he went for the box and i told him it had been disconnected previously. he said that the pump was probably replaced. when he took the cap off the well out front there was the other end of the disconnected red wire. as for the amps, it went from 0 to 20-21 and then back down immediately. all...
  13. Wayne64SS

Hey guys the guy just came for the pump. Real squirrely looking guy but w/e. Put an amp-meter on the power wire and showed me the reading. first bang pump comes on, 20amps, then immediately back to zero followed by a bang. Says the pump is shot and he needs to come back tomorrow and pull it out...
  14. Wayne64SS

Well/Pump HELP!!!

I just got home after some research on the internets led me to believe the pump was cycling. Turned off pump, drained tank, checked air pressure in tank - right at 30-32 psi which is right where it should be according to everything i've read regarding cut-in etc. turned pump back on. came...
  15. Wayne64SS

Well/Pump HELP!!!

pump guy coming at 430 tonight to check it out. i turned i tback on this morning to see if it had recovered or anything had changed and it still does the same thing. to better describe the noise its a small bang followed right away by a larger one. listening to the pipe with a metal...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks