Recent content by Waterwelldude

1. Waterwelldude

Pentair Freshpoint water filter

What part of Texas is this? If it is a well set in sand, it should not have any shale in the sand. The shale and sand should not in the same layer.
  2. Waterwelldude

6 GPM well makes 1gp HOUR. Who is on the hook?

No one can sue and have a chance in the world of winning. No one can control nature. The well (may) have made the 6gpm when it was drilled, but after two years, who knows what may have happened in the well. Getting the seller to pay for a new well would be easier. From the sound of it, the...
  3. Waterwelldude

Well Pump Won't Stop Pumping After Dry Condition

A 1hp pump would (deadhead) at about 490'. That is from a water level of 490' At that depth the water would stop and not flow any higher or build anymore pressure at the well head. This is based on an 8gpm residential submersible.
  4. Waterwelldude

anything get oil out of well water?

NEVER put soap in a water well. If this water is for drinking, you would be in the bathroom for a very long time. If a small child were to drink this water, it could put them in the hospital.
  5. Waterwelldude

There is nothing that will break it down that I would want in my water. Anything that is put in the well will not only be in your well, but could also go into the water strata, and contaminate it, and render it polluted and unusable. Adding a contaminate to combat a contaminate is never a good...
  6. Waterwelldude

Pumping the well will do no good. Oil is lighter than water, and will float on top of the water. When pumping a well the water will come in from the bottom. To get oil out of a well, it must be bailed out. It is very time consuming. Trying to use air to blow it out will be a waste of time as...
  7. Waterwelldude

Cold air flowing from well head

Does the well blow the air after the pump shuts of or is it all the time? If its just when the pump shuts off, that is the well replacing the water that was just pumped out.
  8. Waterwelldude

Cold air flowing from well head

I hope you are joking. That is the dumbest statement I have ever heard. Its VERY dangerous, it can kill you if any spark comes close to it, it makes the well useless, and has the potential to blow the house up or anything else its plumbed to.
  9. Waterwelldude

3" well that is 60 years old

We have quite a few old 3" well around. We have put in the Grundfos 3", and are getting good luck out of them. Several are over ten years old and still going. Just stay away from any of the variable speed set-ups.
  10. Waterwelldude

Pump/well output halved

Yep,sounds like your well is running out of water. If you leave the pump off for one hour,and then turn it on, does it pump good for a little while them drop off?
  11. Waterwelldude

sand in water

Ok, makes a lot more sense now.
  12. Waterwelldude

sand in water

I find that hard to believe. Did your well have a screen in it? I have washed out the sand in an old well, but the sand cant be pushed back into the ground. Now mud on the other hand can be pushed back, but it will come back into the well if water is pumped out of the well no matter what...
  13. Waterwelldude

sand in water

Could also mean the driller did not finish developing the well, or the screen is not the correct size.
  14. Waterwelldude

hp vs. bladder type tank

Using a hydro Pneumatic tank would be the way to go in your case. There is a hole on the side of the tank to place an "air release". That way if your pump put too much air in, the air release will let out the excess. Trying to patch an old tank is a waste of time. It can be done and may buy...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks