Recent content by warm all winter

1. W

new oil boiler - what to look for?

Thanks for the replies everyone, I appreciate your expertise. Regarding heat pumps - one reason I want to stick with baseboard heating is because it's allergy friendly, i.e. doesn't blow dust around like fan blown air does. I'm guessing that heat pumps don't produce high enough temperatures...
  2. W

I've used the Slant/Fin heat loss calculator and come up with a number of 42 MBtu for the heat loss. Some of the room dimensions were by memory so it might be +/- 10% on that. Speaking of Slant/Fin I was looking at the Eutectic EC-10 boiler (specifically the EC-13A model). This seems...
  3. W

Well, for better or worse all the insulation work was done over the summer, which makes comparing with last year's bills sort of hard! The smallest capacity boilers all seem to be in 80 MBtu range - if that comes out to 2x oversized or something, is it still going to work well if we install...
  4. W

We have a 1400 sq ft ranch. It's been insulated r13 walls, r40 attic, copper pipes with baseboards. We're replacing the 40 year old boiler. We'be gotten one quote on a buderus g215 boiler which seems hugely oversized. Is this because of the 40 gal indirect we are going to add? Actually every...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks