Recent content by WannaKnow

1. WannaKnow

Faucet valve and WD40

I have hard water and hot water faucet valve was getting extremely hard to twist. Someone suggested spraying it with WD40. I did and it's now twisting smoothly and easily, but the faucet started to drip quite a bit. It's been a while now and it won't stop. (Originally I was hoping the WD40...
  2. WannaKnow

Toilet not stable - what to do?

Terry, thanks for answering. I assume that the bowl should be shimmed prior to tightening the nuts, right? First, make sure the bowl is stable by shimming it, then tighten the nuts, then caulk?
  3. WannaKnow

Toilet not stable - what to do?

My mom had her bathroom fully remodeled. There are new tile floors and a new toilet too (AmStd Cadet 3). At first the installation seemed solid, but after 1 month the toilet started to rock back & forth a little. She called the guy who did the work and he tightened the bolts a little more...
  4. WannaKnow

Minimum space for toilet

Hi, I am remodeling a small bathroom. On the right side of the toilet there's a tb bathtub. On the left side is a standard height vanity (22 inches deep). The toilet will be Cadet 3 Right Height (16 inch rim height). It's hard to visualize if there's going to be enough space to sit on the...
  5. WannaKnow

Toilet for tight budget

Wow! Some pretty testy plumbers here... I hope I didn't offend anyone by asking for advice about a budget toilet. No need to get all flustered. You know there are some people in this world who are not rich and are on a budget. Not everyone pockets $150 just for a 30 minute service call. I guess...
  6. WannaKnow

American Standard Cadet 3 Three Toilet consumer product review

Is Flowise Cadet 3 a good toilet? Regular Cadet 3 seems to have 15 inch rim height. Flowise Cadet 3 looks like it has 16.5 inch rim height, which is more comfortable for an older person. Are Flowise Cadet 3 models as highly rated as non-Flowise? Do they clog more? I need a 16.5 inch height...
  7. WannaKnow

Toilet for tight budget

Neah. She's super thrifty with my money and won't be happy if I spend. Not to mention I am already contributing a lion share of remodeling expenses. So, any recommendations in the economy section of the toilet market?
  8. WannaKnow

Toilet for tight budget

To be honest we didn't select any one yet. We just noticed that there are some very inexpensive toilets there (as well as very expensive ones). She wanted to save on the toilet and get a washlet for $150 (the one that does not come with the seat and cover). It just connects with water lines...
  9. WannaKnow

Toilet for tight budget

I am helping my mom with the renovation. She has a VERY tight budget and needs to select an inexpensive toilet. By reading this forum I see that Toto Drake is highly recommended. I also saw a reference to American Standard Cadet 3, which is a little cheaper. Are there cheaper toilets that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks