Recent content by waderpro

1. waderpro

Chasing short on newly installed light circuit (also newly drywalled)

HJ, please explain further HJ, Thanks for replying...could you please explain a bit further. The power is coming in at the switch, and then out to the first can, and then daisy-chained. All the blacks to blacks and whites to whites.
  2. waderpro

Chasing short on newly installed light circuit (also newly drywalled)

I have power to the switch, but the moment I touch it to the load side of the lights (8 daisy chained cans), sparks and breaker pops. Before I accuse the drywaller of putting a screw through the wire somewhere, what other steps can I take to chase this down? Yes, all the drywall is up...
  3. waderpro

Deck railing options

Help! I just added a huge deck to the house (5000+ sqft) and didn't really consider what I was going to do railing-wise. I got bids for various component railing systems that range from powder-coated aluminum to stainless steel with different infills depending on view, windblock, and stairs...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks