Recent content by Vtgoody

1. Vtgoody

Off and on water for last couple weeks, now none at all

Pulled the pump, checked ohm off of pumps pig tails and everything looked good. I quickly tested pump on land and it ran. Got some new waterproof well splices, and so far everything looks good. Only thing I could think of was a bad connection in one of the splices. Guess I will see how it goes.
  2. Vtgoody

I get the same low ohm reading at the wire splice at top of well. I also have continuity between yellow and red, bot not yellow and black
  3. Vtgoody

I have also discovered that if I unsplice the red wires at the junction box between control box and well that I have no voltage on red from control box, but I have 120v from red lead from well. Is this because yellow is common and its sending its voltage back through the red?
  4. Vtgoody

I do not have any shorts to ground on L1 L2 R Y B. I checked the resistance again with R Y B. R to Y 18.5 ohm B to Y .285 ohm B ro R .285 ohm what exactly do these low ohm readings mean? Im guessing the B wire has got some sort of issue I dont have any way of measuring amps.
  5. Vtgoody

3 years ago, the pump stopped working, and I blamed it on a bad cap that was leaking oil. I replaced that box witch was Franklin 1/2hp 230v with a Franklin qd 1/2hp 230v. Its worked perfect up till now. The pressure switch is set to around 60/40. Today I tried to replace it with utilitech box...
  6. Vtgoody

I have also tested the blue relay in the control box. It reads 0.00 between l1 and B, and infinity between L1 and C. This seems like it checks out, the capacitor also starts reading numbers then goes to infinity when I put the multi-meter to its two terminals. Any ideas why there is no voltage...
  7. Vtgoody

Yes I agree it seems low, perhaps the pump is on the way out as well. That being said, not having any power on the red (start) wire to ground after the control box suggest the pump isnt getting the power it needs to try and start.
  8. Vtgoody

Been trying to figure out my well problem for a couple of weeks. It stopped one night while giving the kids a bath. I turned the breaker off, and in about an half hour turned the breaker back on and the pressure tank started building pressure and everything was good for a couple of days. It...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks