Recent content by vpr80

1. vpr80

Aquathin Water Softener System.....Anyone seen/use these?

Have a local dealer selling these: http://www.aquathinnj.com/products.html Anyone have any info on them? Good? Bad? Garbage? Thanks
  2. vpr80

Timer for Crawl Space Fan?

How about this, what about completely sealing that space by closing up the entry way under the stairs? Nothing is really happening under there so why not just close it up permanently. Would that create a petri dish of sorts of all kinds of stuff to start growing?
  3. vpr80

I'd love to but I have not been able to find one small enough. I need one that can be routed to a drain line and also has a pump since it would need to drain up and out. All I've been able to find have been either small household ones that will just die in no time or massive and super expensive...
  4. vpr80

How about a few pictures to help. First picture is the entrance through the door to the area under the stairs. You can see the small opening to the crawl space in the back. Second picture is the crawl space itself. Approx 4'x'4'x25' with concrete floor and top and cinder block walls. The right...
  5. vpr80

I was actually thinking the other way around...to vent INTO the crawl space the conditioned air from the interior of the house. Is this not good? Also keeping the door open immediately helps to reduce the RH in the area, but that's not really an option since the door is in the middle of the...
  6. vpr80

All of the items that you mentioned have already been done. It greatly reduced the water seeping in, but a very small amount still does get in and also condensation forms. I am talking about a few ounces of water, nothing more. Venting to the outside is hard because the side walls are fully...
  7. vpr80

I have a small 4'x25' sealed crawl space under my front porch. All closed in with no vents, just a door to the inside that's kept closed. It's cinder block all around on a concrete slab. It's always really damp and cool in there. I painted the whole area with Thoroseal to help with the water...
  8. vpr80

Does anyone know of a timer/switch that can be set to run for a certain amount of time per hour? For example, if I want to run the fan for 5 minutes every hour or so? Thank you
  9. vpr80

Power Shut Off to Pump with Leak Sensors?

I can handle 20 gals spilled, just don't want it to continually run non-stop. On another note, I was examining my pipes yesterday at the location that I want to install the valve. I have PE3408 IDR 7 200 psi going from the well to the crawl space and then PE3306 80 psi going from there under...
  10. vpr80

Found something from Smart Home.....otherwise have not been able to find any other solutions. Load Controller: http://www.smarthome.com/2477sa2.html Sensor + Transmitter: http://www.smarthome.com/71947.html http://www.smarthome.com/2450.html RF Transmitter In Case Powerline Fails...
  11. vpr80

While I get the general concept, I don't understand where I would get a "relay that shuts off power to the motor" and how to connect it to the actuator?
  12. vpr80

I'm wondering if anyone makes a device to shut the power to the pump off if it senses a leak? I found numerous devices that are installed on the actual water lines with mechanical ball valves to close the main water off, but I am thinking of something simpler (and cheaper since those systems...
  13. vpr80

Concerned over Backpressure by Adding a CSV Valve to Existing System

First of all, thank you very much for the very quick replies...certainly helps. Just out of paranoia, I think that I will get the CSV1W instead. The house is old and that supply line is like 50 yrs old so I rather not take chances with it. It might be fine at 60 psi, but I don't want to find...
  14. vpr80

The fun continues. So the plumber cancelled on Sat, but I was looking at the whole thing and another question came up. The line that is running from the well to my tank looks like a black hard plastic 1"OD that is joined with screw clamps in several places. This doesn't seem like a very good...
  15. vpr80

Sorry, but I don't get how I am supposed to steady on 62psi? So I turn the water back on and the system will pressurize again to 65psi and cut off. Then I run the water out of the hose and the pressure will begin to steadily go down basically until it hits 45 psi and then cut in again. How how...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks