Recent content by VinnyinNJ

1. VinnyinNJ

need opinion of what to do on the wall above shower unit

I am just a homeowner with a little repair experience but here are my thoughts. I also live with walls that go 3/4 up and then are painted. - As you mentioned, if the shower stall is tiled - tile up to the ceiling. I don't think it would look good if you had a plastic shower wall and then tile...
  2. VinnyinNJ

Question about shower base

Hi all, It's been a while since I last posted ...my life gets in the way of doing projects! I had a American Standard shower base installed by a plumber and he used mortar to set it down on. It was absolutely quiet until I had installed the concrete backer board (Wonderboard) on all 3...
  3. VinnyinNJ

Removing a shower base

Thanks! Sounds like I'll leave it t the professional.
  4. VinnyinNJ

Removing a shower base

I am waiting for the plumber to come tomorrow to remove the shower base and rough in the plumbing but was wondering if it is a simple task to remove the shower base? It's a 40 year old fiberglass base and I took the drain cover (screen?) off and it looks like it is a metal pipe with a metal...
  5. VinnyinNJ

Question about height of shower head.

Thanks! I plan on asking the plumber but I come to these types of forums to get ideas and info so that I can gain knowledge from people with different experiences. I am the contractor (homeowner) with very little experience as you can tell with the plumber doing all the rough in and laying the...
  6. VinnyinNJ

Thanks! I wasn't sure if there is a height that is standard. This shower is in our master bath and will be used by adults only, at least while we are here. The next project will be our main bathroom and will get the shower bar for the handheld for the next owner's children or if we still live...
  7. VinnyinNJ

I am remodeling the bathroom and will be using a hand held shower as the shower head. Eventually when the shower is finished there will be a shower door installed. Is there an "official" height that a shower head should be at? I am not installing a shower bar (not sure what they're called) for...
  8. VinnyinNJ

New Bathroom fixtures

I am in the process of remodeling my bathroom and I am a novice to the world of plumbing. I believe I have picked out quality items but would like your advice on them. First, I plan on using an American Standard 36x36 acrylic base. We originally were going to use Swanstone but like the...
  9. VinnyinNJ

exhaust fan

I am in the process of a bathroom remodel and I am looking at an attic bathroom fan. Unfortunately the smallest I have seen is 150 CFM which is twice as big as you have now. I was told by one of the contractors we had in we could put 2 bathrooms onto the fan (we have another one to remodel as...
  10. VinnyinNJ

Question about brands

No thoughts on brands?
  11. VinnyinNJ

Question about brands

Hi, We are in the middle of renovating our bathroom and are at the point of picking a mixing valve and a sink faucet. We are purchasing from a local bath showroom/plumbing supply so everything we are buying hopefully will be a better quality than from the big box stores. The shower is only...
  12. VinnyinNJ

Question about shower head plumbing

Thanks! Makes sense, with a 60" hose and a small shower I don't need the hose to be very high.
  13. VinnyinNJ

Question about shower head plumbing

Hi All, Been here a few times looking up info about plumbing but this is the first time posting. I am in the process of a bathroom remodel and am at the point where I need to pick out items. First, I want to say that I will not be doing any of the plumbing myself as I have attempted to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks