Recent content by Viewer

1. Viewer

Flushing problem in Australia

Thanks all...I am "flushed" with success...:D:D:D I turned off the water, flushed it,disconnected the float arm and assembly from the inlet valve. I then unscrewed the top of the filler valve to expose a flapper/screen type gizmo that was full of crud and rust/iron deposits. I cleaned the...
  2. Viewer

Thanks again for replies...sorry, but what is a toto? No filter on the tank, but old residue and staining is from a problem we had when using bore water in the house, high in iron content. I did clean the toilet water tank with a chlorine soak or two, and what you see now is 10,000 times better...
  3. Viewer

Thanks for the reply. Yes, everything is plastic, all cheap and nasty. Yes, very thin and flexible. And yes, the discolored look was from our bore water problems prior.
  4. Viewer

I was eventually able to get more water go into the tank, and now all is good...hasn't blocked up for a long while. Now to ask another question to you gurus if I may. Our water is coming inside the house from our rainwater tank. It naturally has an electric motor to pump it into the house...
  5. Viewer

Yes, I guess toilet discussion is not one of those things that many people bring up, and in reality, unless you are building from new, or doing a renovation, then it is something you really don't think about. Yes, I will need to find out those distances from the wall to suit a new one, with the...
  6. Viewer

Well, this looks "the go" doesn't it. I didn't think you could get them this cheap!! https://www.masters.com.au/product/100604645/homestead-link-s-pan-toilet-suite
  7. Viewer

I agree there should be more holes under the rim, however a physical examination using both my own and my wife's little fingers to slide around the lip and locale others, proved negative. We then used a mirror and a torch to reflect the image, and still only the one hole found. I will look again!
  8. Viewer

Thank you Reach4, I have read that article, but unfortunately it does not appear to assist me. I cannot locate any jet hole in the bottom section of the toilet bowl, and as such, assume my model does not have one...I did say it was old...perhaps those "appeared" later in toilet development? My...
  9. Viewer

Hi, Our toilet tank fills to the correct height, but on flush, it needs to be done at least 2 x times to clear the paper tissue. There appears to be no blockage in the waste line, as the water never rises up in the bowl when we flush, it just disappears normally. The toilet is in an ensuite...
  10. Viewer

Pressure Tank

The company I emailed never responded..oh well. I finally got the top off of the tank, and it was like everyone said, "just pull it off". It took a lot of pressure to pull it, and had to be aided by a screw driver prised under it to do so. I googled more and found that I think I have the XMX...
  11. Viewer

Cap blown off top of electric water heater

New tank in now, gee they take some time to release the old water when using a garden hose to empty them, but doing this, loosening some pipework etc, saved me some labour cost $'s. The plumber only had to cut one piece of the existing copper piping, and add on a bit extra to fit the new...
  12. Viewer

As far as I can ascertain, the cap fits in the centre of the tank,at the top, and is the entry and exit point for the anode, which is screwed into the tank, under the cap.
  13. Viewer

Thanks fellas... Power is off, water to tank is off. Naturally no water now coming off the top cap area. I have purchased a new Dux 315L tank, and the plumber is coming this afternoon to install it. As per the suggestions, not wasting time on the plumber just looking at it to tell me to...
  14. Viewer

Hi, Thanks for the replies. It's definately not from the rain. I don't know what the pressure is. The top cap has blown off again, with more rusty water flowed out. The water has remained hot all the time. I will look up the draining of the tank.
  15. Viewer

We noticed today that there was rust water stains on the top outside metal sides of our externally located electric hot water heater. An inspection noted there is one small plastic cap on the top edge, and a larger one in the centre. The centre cap had popped out and was sitting on the top...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks