Recent content by VAWellDriller

1. VAWellDriller

Advice on equipment to buy for DIY well pump installation

The soft start is at 100% in 3 seconds...its moving water at around half that depending on conditions and the pump curve.
  2. VAWellDriller

How to automatically fill up storage tank

My timer suggestion was so you could avoid having to mount floats in the tank. The timer is a bad idea if you are gone frrquently ot have inconsistent water usage. You probavly have BW liquid level controls in the lower tank and they would work great in the upper tank to control a valve...
  3. VAWellDriller

Another option without having to access the inside of the tank would be to use an timer to open the filling valve. With a little trial and error you easily figure out how much to program it to open the valve. Irrigation timers would be well suited. On another note, I dont know how much water...
  4. VAWellDriller

I'm not sure what the benefit would be to having a 5 ft deadband? I would want a short throw float that would keep the upper tank most of the way full all the time. I would think that a mechanical water trough float would be perfect in this situation. I have used...
  5. VAWellDriller

What depth to place my pump

Business at all time high here too. Theres not enough money to make me go to the land of fruit and nuts.
  6. VAWellDriller

The pump you have selected is only capable of producing 375' of head (162 psi).....so if your piping can handle that nothing else matters. Sorry if I got too technical in questions. The last post was the first time you mentioned anything about possible drawdown or a pumping well. You mentioned...
  7. VAWellDriller

Without knowing the pumping water level, no one can answer your question. You well may draw down 2 ft at 20 gpm or it may draw down 200 ft at 20 gpm. You cannot properly size a pumping system, select a proper pump, select a proper pump installation depth, select a proper control valve....etc...
  8. VAWellDriller

Rope or ss cable for a rescue line

I don't use anything and agree with everything said above. BUT, if you do put it in, tape it on every joint along with the wire. I have customers or engineers insist sometimes....when I have to I use stainless cable.
  9. VAWellDriller

The sewer pipe would work, unless he has a slide pitless. It would be tight. Thickest 5" they make in well casing is sch80 and minimum ID is 4.7". Sounds cheap, but I use good 2" 10 mil pump tape to secure sleeves....and have never had one come off. It's smooth, no snags. Have installed...
  10. VAWellDriller

What's really important is not the static water level, but the stabilized pumping water level. Did the driller report the yield and/or do a pump test? What were their recommendations? A 4" pump with sleeve will be a tight fit in a 5" well; it may or may not go depending on casing thickness...
  11. VAWellDriller

New well setup

In a normal residential setup; 1" drop pipe and waterline is more than adequate. One check valve at or near the pump discharge. You do need a air/water tank, not a bladder tank, and CSV's do not always work well on the bleeder system depending on what equipment the installer chooses (the CSV...
  12. VAWellDriller

Solar Pump Issues

It's been a while but I have installed a few of these Grundfos systems. I don't think that it matters how you hook up the 2 panel wires. Not sure how the board got fried, but it seems like right now you definitely have 2 separate problems.....the control board for sure and a problem in the...
  13. VAWellDriller

Hooking 2 wells together

It will work just fine, standard pressure switch is rated to handle up to 2HP. Since flow is so low, you should have 1/2 HP pumps. We do it occasionally in situations just like yours when 2 extremely low yielding wells...its not optimum but it does work. It can be a bit of a pain to...
  14. VAWellDriller

Three subersible pumps have low pressure

It is absolutely supposed to stay full of water so if it is not then it sounds like you are on the right track. Plenty of folks hang pumps that deep and a lot deeper on poly pipe with hose clamps....just buy quality materials (brass or stainless...no plastic); don't worry about the weight on...
  15. VAWellDriller

Three subersible pumps have low pressure

You mentioned 1st you could see water 30 or 40ft down in the well and the pump was down at 220ft. Then another time you said you thought you thought pump may not be deep enough and you wanted to lower it??? Another explanation not considered for the light and heavy assembly is the water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks