Recent content by vanagon

1. vanagon

Navien NCB-240 for this house? (photos)

Right. So I guess I'll try it out in Delta-T mode first, and if I'm getting significant water recycling in the primary loop, I'll switch to a constant speed.
  2. vanagon

I guess my basic question is whether this means that a Delta-T pump on the secondary loop is a bad idea, when using the outdoor reset sensor (since sometimes the boiler temps will be high, and sometimes low.) I want to avoid a scenario where the Delta-T pump slows down so much that the primary...
  3. vanagon

Hmm interesting. I think that's no so bad (well below condensing temperatures anyways.)
  4. vanagon

What about now with the Delta-T pump? You see a 12-14 degree delta t on both the primary and secondary loops? Or are the delta-t's the same on both loops?
  5. vanagon

Yeah I think I will likely see condensing performance quite often. What I'm wondering is whether I'm going to decide that the Delta-T pump is doing more harm than good at low temperatures, and end up using it in a constant-speed mode. When you see your 12-14 degree difference and the pump is...
  6. vanagon

I agree the more expensive guy seems to have a lot more experience with these, so I'm going with him. There is one lingering area where I am a little bit concerned. The current plan is to use a Taco VT2218 Delta T pump on the secondary loop. (The NCB has it's own pump for the primary loop.)...
  7. vanagon

Ok thanks again!! I am feeling more confident about this option now. Last question: the more expensive of the two installers was pushing the fact he installs some sort of maget filter on the boiler loop (presumably something like this: http://www.boilermag.com/products/domestic/ ) Is this a...
  8. vanagon

Thanks for the great information!!! This is all good to know. We generally have the windows closed in the winter ;) We've had another estimate now from a second installer. They quoted 7000 instead of 8000 for the job, and suggested the NCB-210 instead of the NCB-240. They said that even the...
  9. vanagon

One more thought: I was thinking of doing the following to test my radiators: 1) Crank our thermostat up 5 degrees so that our 165k/132k boiler goes full on. 2) Wait 15 minutes (but with the temperature still rising) and measure the temp out and temp in. The idea would be that this would give...
  10. vanagon

We have a small (<2000sq ft) home. It's a duplex so one wall is to another unit. All but the third floor is heated by radiators; the third floor is a separate electric system. We are considering the Navien NCB-240 combination boiler / hot water heater. We are not worried at all about the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks