Recent content by v4brad

1. v4brad

Toto Drake iron stains

So I got my second Drake and installed it in the main bath. So far no pink in the bowl. In the event that the pink in the other Drake was biological I did the chlorine bleach shock treatment. It has only been a day and a half but so far it seems to have helped. BTW, the new Drake is quieter...
  2. v4brad

Toto Drake iron stains

Very strange -- this pink business. :confused: I Wonder if there is something in the CEFIONTECT finish that attracts iron molecules. I've ordered another Drake (w/ sg) for the main bath to replace the Crane and it will be interesting to see what it does. I'm betting it will go pink as well. My...
  3. v4brad

Toto Drake iron stains

I hadn't heard of iron reducing bacteria before. Here is a link with some info about it: IronSulphurBacteria.pdf Sounds like it is usually associated with well water. I'm on chlorinated city water so hopefully I'm okay.
  4. v4brad

Toto Drake iron stains

Oops! I previewed that post 5 times. Must be getting old. What I really meant was 2004. :)
  5. v4brad

Remove or Replace Toto Soft Close Lid?

I've had my soft close lid for 4 1/2 years and it still works fine. It doesn't see alot of action, however, so your problem may not be time related. If I had to guess I would estimate around 600 up & downs on mine so far.
  6. v4brad

Toto Drake iron stains

I installed a Drake with CEFIONTECT in my master bath in 1984. I am getting ready to purchase another Drake for the main bath to replace a Crane contractor special. I'm wondering if there is something about the CEFIONTECT finish that attracts iron stains. The bowl on the Drake starts turning...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks