Recent content by uwtriguy

1. U

New radiator not getting water supply.

Fantastic. Re-piped it again and still nothing. Time for a second monoflo. Only problem I just spent an hour online trying to source a 1" x 3/4" or 1"x1/2" threaded black tee. Nothing to find!!!
  2. U

So doing some research I see that you should always have pipes sloping back to the boiler. I do have some upward movement of the return PEX when it comes back to the chase pipe. I'm going to try and fix that soon and see if that helps.
  3. U

The MonFlo is on the supply side and was already there when I started this project with a 1/2" branch connected to it that was capped right at a hole in the joist where a pipe used to go through. All I did in this process was tap into current stubs with PEX and hook that up to the radiator...
  4. U

Pulled the lines out. Switched over to 3/4" PEX from supply to radiator and 3/4" from radiator return to chase where there as 3/4"->1/2" reducer directly on the MonFlo tee at the chase. Still no water flowing to the new radiator. I've purged all of the water out of the system from each...
  5. U

The 1/8" tapping is actually tapped into a 3/4" plug with a 1/8" tapped hole.
  6. U

Yep, have a Taco vent on it. The system filled back up including the new radiator, just not pushing water through it when the system pump is running. I did discover that another piece of Crane baseboard in my house (3' in the bathroom) is supplied by 3/4" pipe. The tapping on the Crane...
  7. U

I recently added a new radiator to my hot water heat system via existing (once used by former owners) stubs on the 1" chase pipe around my basement. From what I gathered studying my system and the old pipes still hanging in the crawl space is the pipes feeding the system off of the chase are...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks