Recent content by uwssnowbird

1. uwssnowbird

Gerber Shower Repair Question w/PIC

All Done .. Many thanks! Just finished replacing the cold and the diverter. The handle puller was indeed an excellent investment. I found it important to tighten the bonnet nut into the stem body quite firmly. This seems to insure the washer grips the stem and prevents water leaking...
  2. uwssnowbird

Worked like a charm Wedging a stem wrench inside the sleeve and then grabbing it with channel locks did the trick. The seat gave me a bit of a fight as well but with the right tools and help from this forum the Hot side is done and works like a charm. I didnt get far on the cold side as...
  3. uwssnowbird

Thanks, There is not enough clearance inside the sleeve to get the stem socket inside the sleeve and onto the stem body. So I think the sleeve needs to come off. Thanks to this and the following post I'm sure I'll mange that this weekend. I'm new to this site but very impressed with...
  4. uwssnowbird

Ok, I'm going to need to pick up a pipe wrench tomorrow so I can get a better grip on the sleeve (I think gerber calls this an eschetcheon tube). If you can think of a better tool for this let me know. I have stem wrenches and a seat wrench so I should be all set once I can actually get...
  5. uwssnowbird

I've purchased a full set of new handles and stems to replace in this 25+ year old bathroom. Upon removing the handle and outer chrome cover it looks like this (see pic). This is the Hot supply. Now according to the schematics I've seen that should just be a sleeve on top and I need to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks