Recent content by urdrwho

1. urdrwho

Water leaks past shower curtain in the front

This method has been working well but I think when the guy pulled the inside curtain, from front to back, out of the cups, it tore the inside curtain. I did order splash guards one time but it never sealed well at the 90 degree part. This really is a problem of engineering and design. Hm? A...
  2. urdrwho

Sorry that I didn't fill in the complete story of the claim. It is not a claim for the leaking tub and we have a double curtain, cloth type outside and then vinyl liner inside. The claim is for an accident that I had. Long story about drain bladder that I've used many times but this time the...
  3. urdrwho

In 2017 we installed a new non-metal tub and surround. Everything was installed as it should be but the water hits the lower lip of the surround in the front and then water dribbles / runs along the front top portion of the tub. Ending up on the floor. We solved this by placing suction cups...
  4. urdrwho

Just installed acrylic Delta Tub and 3 piece surround (attach to studs type)

The DAP 3.0 is still in there and hasn't tried to come out. You aren't going to see a bright / shiny finish with it but it stays where you put it. It is not the cheapest caulk on the shelf.
  5. urdrwho

Faucet wall tubes and wall tube escutcheon is not water tight

caulk to bond it is the nuclear option but I'll try a few things first
  6. urdrwho

Faucet wall tubes and wall tube escutcheon is not water tight

My recent bathroom project has made me realize that things have changed since that last time I did the same project. They have changed to a lot of plastic! The old days the tubes screwed onto the valve body but now the tubes are plastic and push on. Sure there are ears that are supposed to...
  7. urdrwho

Bathtub/shower enclosure product choices

Too many time renters don't care about water getting out of the shower onto the floor and as a homeowner I've tried my best with my new enclosure to not get water. I can say what I personally would not get ---...
  8. urdrwho

New tub & shower enclosure - leaking on floor - shower curtain

Recently removed the old tub and the 60 years of different tile jobs which made a very thick Thinset / plaster / wallboard. Err - hard to remove! Installed a well known name brand tub and their tub surround. My wife likes shower curtains and I didn't stud in for shower doors. Although the...
  9. urdrwho

Today I called Delta. If anyone installs the Laurel tub surround and their Laurel tub the correct caulk is DAP 3.0. At almost $8 a tube that fits in a gun is a bit expensive. I will use it.
  10. urdrwho

I now need to caulk the vertical joints and at the tub. The directions don't saw what type of sealant. The tub and surround are acrylic and if I remember, during a phone conversation with Delta they said to use latex caulk. I think (not sure) they said the caulk tube can contain no more than...
  11. urdrwho

PSI goes high during the night

It was at the end of the day and he didn't have time to do all that. It was the PRV and now everything is solid. He asked what I had in the ET and I said about 62. He set the new Watts PRV to 70.
  12. urdrwho

Errrr!!! So I am downstairs closing off stuff and someone flushes the commode and I hear dripping. Hm....wax ring is bad. Oh and of course it has been leaking for how long....? The new furnace that was installed in May 2015 is a mess on the back, some duct work looks just yuck. Black pipe...
  13. urdrwho

I was planning on doing what you say but no time now because I called my plumber. Earlier in the morning I turned off the water heater, closed off the inlet line to the water heater and attached the gauge to an outside faucet. The needle slowly moved and after a half an hour it went from 60...
  14. urdrwho

I have no idea what the pressure is for the street but if memory serves me I can go and look in the outside pit. I think there is a gauge down in that pit. I think their manhole cover is unlocked and I'll check today. The ET is removed when I fill with air. No water at the valve. The...
  15. urdrwho

Yes, my tattletale needle shows how high the pressure rose at some point in time.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks