Recent content by unique

1. U

Shallow well - temporary loss of prime / pressure - no air in line

Thanks to all who responded. Today I worked on my well pump and solved the problem. I replaced everything between the pump and the shallow well pipe. It appears to me that the check valve between the pump and well pipe was getting "stuck" - as in it would have taken "excessive" vacuum to...
  2. U

Thanks for they replies! I'm out of my ball game here, so your help is appreciated. I'm hoping to figure this out on my own... If I have a suction leak somewhere, wouldn't this cause cavitation? I had this problem a few years ago and fixed it after finding the leak. However, this time...
  3. U

I am assuming there is not a foot valve... however, one never knows! Just checked the pressures... the pump shuts off at 58 psi and kicks on at 32psi. The first time I tested (after not using the water for a while) caused the pump to kick on at 32 - at which point the pressure dropped to ~10...
  4. U

I am hoping for a little direction from the forum. I have searched high and low while wracking my brain trying to figure out my problem. 2" shallow well with Gould JS+ pump (http://www.goulds.com/pdf/7297.pdf) and check valve connected to pump just prior to 2" well pipe About 3 weeks ago...
  5. U

Temporary Water Pressure Loss

I returned to Lowe's this morning to look at the check valves. There were two different one's to choose from... One had a much stiffer spring than the other. I installed the one with the stiffer spring - thinking it was a better construct. Both stated they were for well pumps. Is it...
  6. U

My pump (goulds jet plus) kicks on at 34lbs. The pump will then run for a few seconds (5-15) at near zero before the gauge kicks up to about 38lbs of pressure and sounds like water starts to flow. It seems as if it needs to create enough suction to open the check valve. I replaced the check...
  7. U

Thanks for your thoughts... I'll look at it again in the next day or two when I get a change. Thanks again!
  8. U

Looking for some help... Shallow well pump - likely the original in a 1990 house. Recently, the water will run fine and then pressure will lessen and then suddenly stop for approximately 10 - 20 seconds... then start again, after the pump starts for a couple of seconds. No air, the water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks