Recent content by Tucker's Toilet

1. Tucker's Toilet

Are there two versions of the Toto Soiree?

Thanks Terry. My first inclination was to try to convert my 1.28 to a 1.6 by altering the flapper. But, the toilet seems to work perfectly as a 1.28gpf so I'm not going to change it. I have a choice of either of the two flapper assemblies. Is one better than the other? With our cracked and then...
  2. Tucker's Toilet

Toto toilet flapper problem

The Toto rep had me troubleshoot it by filling the tank, turning off the water supply, and then waiting until the water level stabilized. At first, the water leaked out all the way to the bottom of the tank. I then tightened the two screws securing the plastic fitting at the bottom of the tank...
  3. Tucker's Toilet

Thanks for the replies. Both of the toilets are CEFG models and they both have green fill valves. I'm not too concerned about getting the latest rubber flapper but I was concerned that there might be some other differences in the body of an older model. After crudely repairing the skirt of the...
  4. Tucker's Toilet

I'm looking at two Toto Soiree toilets that appear identical except one has the red flapper with a black weight and inside the tank is a stamp that says 1.28gpf. The other has a pink flapper with no weight and doesn't have the 1.28gpf stamp. Is there a difference between the two toilets? Is one...
  5. Tucker's Toilet

Toto toilet flapper problem

Hi, new reader here. Our Toto Soiree arrived the other day and we were happy with the way it looks. (One installation tip I wish I had seen beforehand. A Dremel tile cutter bit will quickly start a hole in porcelain tile and can be easily followed by a regular masonry bit.) Anyway, the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks