Recent content by TSPORT

1. TSPORT

Toto GMAX flush valve moaning Type A - Clean screen?

I ended up installing a new Korky fill valve & supply line. Problem solved. Under $20 total. Thanks for the input.
  2. TSPORT

Breplum, thanks for the reply but the GMAX valve does not have a ball cock. Here's a picture of the assy.:
  3. TSPORT

Hi all. I have the Type A GMAX flush/fill valve in my Toto Drake. In the past month or so it has started to make a moaning noise in the last few seconds of the fill cycle. No other performance issues noted. Reviewing older posts on the subject, I see that there is a screen in the inlet end...
  4. TSPORT

HVAC furnace blower fan capacitor question(s)

Understood. If I can get through the summer I'll be happy. New system not in the budget for the remainder of this year. Not something I would be doing myself. Was told roughly $8-$10K for new furnace/AC set-up. Will have to do my homework first.
  5. TSPORT

Service tech just finished. System was 4 lbs low. Evap. core was freezing up blocking air flow. Yes, the R22 was very pricey but the system is 25 years old now and other than cleaning the filter and the capacitor I just replaced I've never had any issues. Rolling the dice for a few more...
  6. TSPORT

Thanks for the reply. Update on issue: Last night I noticed the blower was working but the air flow out the registers was almost non-existent (earlier last night the air flow was fine). Air blowing hard out between top of furnace and base of where evap. housing is. I shut off the A/C and just...
  7. TSPORT

John, no I have not. I put the existing capacitor back in after testing and it's working now. Fan motor runs fine, no noises or binding. I have a decent VOM but am not familiar with the test procedure for the fan. If it is not overly complicated and you care to share or point me where to find...
  8. TSPORT

Hello all. A few weeks ago I noticed the blower fan on my furnace was not running but the compressor was running outside and air was cold at furnace. I tested the capacitor for the blower fan and it was way out of spec. so I replaced it and everything was fine. The one I replaced was original...
  9. TSPORT

Water not soft, what to check next?

Thanks for the input. I guess I will check the resin first to see if deteriorated per the links you provided.
  10. TSPORT

Water not soft, what to check next?

Hi all. Looking for some guidance on what to do next. I am an avid DIY'er but almost zero water softener knowledge (but eager to learn!). System/background: Culligan Medalist. new in 2005. We bought the house in 2010. Other than clean out the salt tank a few times and replace a seal on the...
  11. TSPORT

Water not soft. How do I know resin still good? Culligan Medalist.

Still looking for some input on how I know if the resin is still good, etc.. Thanks in advance! - TSPORT
  12. TSPORT

Water not soft. How do I know resin still good? Culligan Medalist.

Hi all. I have a Culligan Medalist softener that came with the house when we purchased it about 8 years ago. The system was new in 2005. I noticed lately that the water is no longer soft. Over the years I have only had to add salt and I cleaned out the salt tank a few times. I would prefer not...
  13. TSPORT

Question regarding testing treated water

I forgot to mention, the Culligan manual stated to refill the salt tank with 4" to 6" of water after a full clean-out (before refilling with salt). I added about 10" and Gary indicated that was insufficient. I wonder why Culligan shorts it. Are they trying to generate sevice calls? ......just...
  14. TSPORT

Regen 2X Gary, I did the back to back regenerations as you suggested. A day or two later I noticed the water once again has that "slick", soft feel. All seems good now. Not sure why it took a day or so to feel the difference. I thought for sure we used enough water the first day to clear out...
  15. TSPORT

I just found this info at a water testing site: "To make a conversion from parts per million to grains per gallon, you simply divide the parts per million by 17.1 to convert to grains per gallon. Thus... milligrams per liter or parts per million = grains per gallon 17.1" If...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks