Recent content by trw888

1. trw888

Constant shower drain backup

Nope. Sorry. Nothing. Nothing has changed about that drain and shower since the p-trap was replaced in 2008.
  2. trw888

Thanks for the respond. The p-trap was replaced because the original had rotted out after 55 years or so. It has not moved
  3. trw888

The house: early 1950s on slab in Tucson with the original clay sewer lines. Problem: Shower floor drain shower keeps backing up. It’s been doing this for about 1.5 years. For the first year, it was about every three or four months. It was never a full blockage, but a serious slowdown. I would...
  4. trw888

Delta faucet keeps running after shut off

Thanks HJ. I know the assemblies need to installed in a certain way and made sure to install them exactly like the old ones. I also double checked against the diagram. And after that didn't fix the problem, I installed them in the opposite direction just to make sure. As for the hot water, it...
  5. trw888

Thank you Smooky. Yes, the seats and springs were part of the stem assembly units Delta sent me.
  6. trw888

4 year old Delta two-handle kitchen faucet model #21902-LF, Original problem: Water kept running for severalseconds after we turned it off. It slows to a trickle and then to a severe and the eventually stops. This happened suddenly and did it for both handles. Called Delta and was told the...
  7. trw888

Did I really solve two problems with one solution?

Thanks for the responses. I get the feeling this was an even stupider question that I thought. It was just such a crazy coincidence. HJ: Ahh, there is no disposer. I didn't mention one. The dishwasher drains into the kitchen sink, which is right next to it.
  8. trw888

Did I really solve two problems with one solution?

Ever since we moved into our house (1950s ranch on slab) six years ago, the dishwasher has backed up into the kitchen sink whenever it drains. There’s probably at least a quart that backs up every time. Twice we’ve had to have a plumber snake out the main line for unrelated clogs. But both...
  9. trw888

clogged drain suddenly drains on its own

Thanks hj!
  10. trw888

Thanks Gary. I've thought for a long time that a camera inspection would be a good idea, but I keep putting it off. I'm still curious to know if a clog clearing itself and all the drains then working better than ever afterwards is a common thing.
  11. trw888

I'm a plumbing novice so maybe this isn't uncommon, but it was weird to us and would like to find out what may have happened. Our main line backed up into our shower after my wife flushed the toilet. She was mortified and used a plunger for a good 20 minutes to clear the shower drain, but not...
  12. trw888

Leaking temp/relief valve

Just to follow up with the outcome...It turned out to be the t/p valve after all. It was covered under the manufacturer's 6-year warranty on parts and the labor was covered under plumbing company's 1-year warranty so it didn't cost me a thing. Thanks again.
  13. trw888

Thanks everyone for the great insights. It sounds like I need an expansion tank, and it doesn't sound like it's a huge deal. I've the plumbing company that installed the tank coming out tomorrow.
  14. trw888

Thanks for the replies. I tried the drip test. Maybe I didn't let it drip long enough, but it didn't appear to make any difference. I should note as well that a roughly 2' X 5' area of the floor in the water heater closet is quite saturated. I know for sure the dripping started no more than a...
  15. trw888

I forgot to add -- in case these things matter -- that the water coming out of the pipe is cold. There's no difference in water pressure nor lack of hot water inside the house. And we have a Watts recirculating pump on the heater
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks