Recent content by TripleJBrandt

1. TripleJBrandt

Glowing LEDs

P.S. I've replaced one switch. Maybe it's time replace the other two and see what happens.
  2. TripleJBrandt

Glowing LEDs

I did some more investigating, first shutting off every other circuit in the house one by one to see if the voltage disappeared. It did not. In case it might be two circuits backfeeding, I shut all the other circuits off, but still got the voltage at the ceiling box with the switches off. Next...
  3. TripleJBrandt

Glowing LEDs

Thank you. I've replaced one switch I thought was suspect. The electrician suspects the wiring may have been done from the ceiling box down to the switches, so I my next move may be to trace the wires to see if it was done incorrectly. Thanks again for your help!
  4. TripleJBrandt

Glowing LEDs

In case your still curious, here's a bit of an update: I took down the ceiling fan and checked the wires at the box and got 60 volts with the wall switches off. I also shut off all the other circuits in the house and still got the 60 volts. Does that not rule out backfeed? Is it possible the...
  5. TripleJBrandt

Glowing LEDs

The glow stops when you use the pull chain. Thanks for the response!
  6. TripleJBrandt

Glowing LEDs

Answers: 1 - No, 2 - No, 3 - I'll have to try, 4 - Switches came with the house, built in 1959. 5 - both, 6 - Not sure what all, some other lights, switches and outlets. Thanks for your response!
  7. TripleJBrandt

Glowing LEDs

No. No glowing switch. No dimmers.
  8. TripleJBrandt

Glowing LEDs

I recently replaced a ceiling fan and light kit using LED bulbs (we had used incandescent and, most recently, CFL bulbs in the old kit). The fixture is on a circuit with three wall switches controlling and seemed to be working properly with the old fixture. But the new fixture's LED bulbs glow...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks