Recent content by Tpham2001

1. Tpham2001

Irrigation Well Pump Stop Working After Breaker Jumped - Please Help.

If I understand you correctly, my pump is down too deep in the well (60 feet or there about). I don't know the water table depth, therefore I'm not comfortable raising the pump to say 35-40 feet depth due to risk of running dry and will pretty much burn the pump. Do you think city records would...
  2. Tpham2001

Hi Valveman, Apologize for the late reply, holiday season is crazy here and finally things are slowly getting back to somewhat normal. That being said, I relocated the valve to above ground, turn the screw two turns as you said; sadly, I do not get 38 psi as you stated. Instead I still reading...
  3. Tpham2001

Valveman, The CSV is 18' down. New plan, bring the CSV valve up as close as possible to ground level and see what happens. Thanks, Twin
  4. Tpham2001

VAWellDriller, This is somewhat confusing to me and its my first time around the rodeo. When we first pulled the pump, I just start cutting sections as we pulled. So I don't know exactly the length of pipe were used. The only thing I have to go on is the down wire; when we lower the pump again...
  5. Tpham2001

Hi All, I did not get a chance to do the remaining zones test; but from what I saw the other day, zone 4 with 15 heads for the shrubs were really sad. Some of the heads didn't even have water. I did some search but couldn't find the pump curve, the original pump was rated at 25 gpm for depth...
  6. Tpham2001

valveman, Yes, I ran same 5 rotating heads before adding CSV and I got good overlap between the heads. With 20 psi, my overlap decreased more than 1/2. This is my set up for each zone. zone 1 - 9 heads for shrubs zone 2 - 5 rotating heads for front lawn zone 3 - 4 rotating heads for back lawn...
  7. Tpham2001

VAWellDriller, How do I go about running one head with the rest of the heads off? I don't have pump curve, but I think I can google it. Thank-you, Twin
  8. Tpham2001

Hi all, Finally got the motor, csv1w (50 psi); installed it yesterday. We ran the pump to pressurize the tank to 60 psi. This morning pressure at tank dropped to 50 psi. Cut the power to the pump, empty the tank and checked the pressure in the tank again and its reading 20 psi. This is the...
  9. Tpham2001

I've asked about 1-1/14" piping in earlier post, any thought on Poly vs. PVC? Also, if PVC is preferred, can I lower each section into the well and as I go along? As mentioned earlier, the depth of the well is approximately 40 ft. Or do I need to connect all the sections required to the pump...
  10. Tpham2001

But wait, there's more... for $1000.00 I get: -New pump and motor, I asked what brand will he installed; he named myers, goulds, etc... -New PVC pipe (4 sections max, I counted the fitting on existing line and found two adapters). -Probably reused existing down hole wire. -Reused existing...
  11. Tpham2001

To the best of my knowledge, this is the P&ID for the well system. From cyclestopvalve.com web site, discharge (sprinkler header) should be after the pressure tank? If you look at the first set of photos, you'll notice one line go to the tank. Here are some photos of the pump. To replace...
  12. Tpham2001

I replaced PS, flipped the breaker and it tripped immediate. Called local irrigation guy in the area; he checked everything I've already checked. Pulled the pump and its burnt. I need new pump, wiring, piping and fitting. The pump was sitting at 80' +/-... Total price tag is $1000.00,he said...
  13. Tpham2001

Thanks, I'll replace it... Also I looked on Well-X-Trol website, their tank is pre-pressurized @ 38 psi, I checked my tank and it read 20 psi; again, is this normal? Do I need to add pressure and bring it back up to 38 psi? My tank is rated 125 max psi.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks