Recent content by Towers Plumbing

1. Towers Plumbing

Odd faucet stem help

If it is an American Standard brand, then all three styles from that era have a spot to put a wrench on to remove the entire stem. As would Price Pfister. However, without a picture, or something to look at, all we can do is speculate.
  2. Towers Plumbing

Korky Fill Valve - Water rises very slowly after shutoff

Ditch the Korky, use a fluidmaster.
  3. Towers Plumbing

Need help identifying a faucet

Delta from the 60's? Best way to find out is to remove the handle and check the cartridge.
  4. Towers Plumbing

Seepage between heater inlet and dielectric nipple

Consider too, that once heat is applied to those fittings with the water heater lit, you will get some pipe expansion which in alot of cases, can cure minute drips on threads.
  5. Towers Plumbing

Multiple Water Heater Hook Up

Not sure what your distances are but you might consider a 50G 50K BTU or 60/60 to do the same job. Bradford makes a 55 gallon 80k BTU heater that has a 200 gallon for first hour delivery rating. Heaters are more but still might be less than two water heaters and repiping.
  6. Towers Plumbing

Toilet bowl loses water slowly

I'm going with a crack in the bowl itself, somewhere that allows it to leak directly into the drain. Usually on the inside on the trapway.
  7. Towers Plumbing

Toto Drake Gmax Fill Valve Issues - stutters as toilet tank finishes filling

Would also recommend checking water pressure and changing the Korky out to a Fluidmaster.
  8. Towers Plumbing

PERC study released on drainline carry of solid waste by low-flow toilets

BTW, we have already started seeing a problem in buildings with extended drain lines and not enough water to move solid waste.
  9. Towers Plumbing

Identify and Repair Moen Monticello Faucet

Part number for the hub plastic piece is Moen #97556 http://www.moen.com/search?search_scope=0&search_terms=97556 As for the handles, I don't see where they have the polished brass but this might work for just the porcelain http://www.moen.com/search?search_scope=0&search_terms=97559
  10. Towers Plumbing

Sani-Seal Toilet Gasket vs Wax Ring

We have a working toilet display that we use these on because we swap out toilets to showcase different models. No problems here as they are useful for reusing.
  11. Towers Plumbing

Toto toilet flapper problem

Shouldn't go in the tube at all. Most newer flush valves have clips are a specially designed top so that the water shoots into the overflow tube. However, in your case, the water wouldn't drop all the way to the bottom if it was the refill tube.
  12. Towers Plumbing

Are Toilet Bowl Cleaner Tabs Safe to use with Toto Toilets?

Any clorinated / chemically treated tabs sitting in the tank of the toilet will destroy your flapper fairly quickly.
  13. Towers Plumbing

Can tub diverter valve be removed? (two tap style)

I would consider replacing the valve. You can still get the price pfister 3 handle tub and shower valve that should slip into place without having to mess up the tile in the shower. http://www.pfisterfaucets.com/Bath/Category/Tub-Shower#,flthandles=.3handle
  14. Towers Plumbing

Delta electric touch faucets?

I have one and it takes some time to get used too. You need to learn how to handle the faucet and spray head if you are just moving or swiveling the spout so you don't constantly turn it off and on. One interesting feature we found is that the faucet has an automatic shut off built into it. I...
  15. Towers Plumbing

Toto toilet flapper problem

We see this alot with the Fluidmasters, not sure about the Korkys but if you stick the refill tube down the fill valve tube instead of above it, that will create a siphon. The water will drop to the low point of the refill tube in the fill valve.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks