Recent content by TOTOtalitarian

1. TOTOtalitarian

Flush valve won’t stop leaking

I realize this is an old thread, but just wanted to share what I found w a similar situation, the entire flush valve was replaced w a Kohler flush valve kit. Mfr #85406 New flapper, new gaskets new everything. Symptom after replacement: level in tank went down within 2 minutes and the tank would...
  2. TOTOtalitarian

From your professional experience, where are most clogs found? a) kitchen sink b) bathroom sink ?

I just removed the P trap from my bathroom sink and found a wall of solid sludge/whiskers/ solid particles that were right at the part where the horizontal pipe meets the T to the breather pipe which drops to the main line to my system....so, if you remove the p trap there is a 4 inch horizontal...
  3. TOTOtalitarian

Toto CST723 20 years of calcium build up - anyway to remove?

We have a toto toilet. Several years ago, we had some blockage and I removed the toilet. I had to chisel off the white almost rock like deposits where the toilet exits into the drain pipe . We used to not flush urine at night so as to not wake up the spouse. Someone here conjectured the rock...
  4. TOTOtalitarian

Hip surgery.Need to SAFELY elevate seat on Elongated Toto Drake 3-4 inches. Help

OK, Here is an update with hope that this will help others that will have Hip Joint Replacement . I was using one of those portable 4 legged (for handle stability) toilets with the seat size the size of a cooking pot.. Needless to say, they just dont cut it especially if you just had surgery. I...
  5. TOTOtalitarian

Hip surgery.Need to SAFELY elevate seat on Elongated Toto Drake 3-4 inches. Help

Thanks Terry. 1) Will this work on Toto Drake. Also, 2) The existing elongated seat i use has plastic twist tops, to tighten it, do I need another seat that doesnt have twist ons? Much appreciated
  6. TOTOtalitarian

I figured there must be some others with the same health experience I am having with hip joint replacement. I know there are guys out there that have the empathy of a turnip because thats just how they are wired. My dad was like that. I am just the opposite. Must be the wiring....
  7. TOTOtalitarian

Hey, wait till its your turn and you need hip surgery....then think about how funny your post was......
  8. TOTOtalitarian

Just had hip joint surgery, a friend lent me his toilet seat with handles that go to the floor and fits over the existing toilet..... I didn't try it ahead of surgery. The thing is so narrow(front to back) , I really cant fit on the thing, difficult to get my job done and pee at the same time...
  9. TOTOtalitarian

Replacing Whole House Shutoff--What About Upstream Piping?

will need a brass connection due to copper going to galvanized steel due to potential corrosion of copper.
  10. TOTOtalitarian

Subfloor question-hexagonal cut-out...how to detect future leak?

1940's house , house remodel had a 3/8 inch plywood over the old subfloor. The plywood around the toilet was recently replaced, but the person cut out a hexagonal "cut out" around the toilet. My question is , if the toilet leaks in the future around the wax ring, the leak will have to fill the...
  11. TOTOtalitarian

Pinhole leak in copper tubing... Cause and Cure -your opinion?

the leak was not close to the washing machine, approx 15 ft away.not close to any chlorine bleach) As mentioned before , the EXACT place where the fairly large barnacle (inside the pipe) is, IS the place where the pinhole leak was. I marked the outside of the pipe prior to cutting the pipe...
  12. TOTOtalitarian

no water softener, I am on city water, pH 7.2. significant # of folks in the area have issues with pinhole leaks.
  13. TOTOtalitarian

??????? How does one attribute turbulence as the cause of a barnacle or inside blue build up where the pinhole was isolated as the cause for failure of this pipe? this was high quality pipe, purchased 17 yrs ago before the influx of crappy materials.
  14. TOTOtalitarian

the leak was the hot water line, but was approximately 15 ft from the water heater, there was at least one other hot water 1/2 inch line before this one that leaks....
  15. TOTOtalitarian

response -no radioactive water -when I switch out the 1/2" copper, I will go with PEX. if I can figure out the best route to arrest the corrosion, I hope that I no longer have copper pipe issues.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks