Recent content by tomtbone

1. tomtbone

Fleck 5810 SXT Settings Confirmation

Thanks for the advice and info everyone, everything seems to be running fine.
  2. tomtbone

Thank you for the quick response! Now, are all 5810 valves capable of both dF1B and dF2B? I thought I read somewhere that I needed a special piston or part to enable the double backwash?
  3. tomtbone

Hi everyone, long term lurker here. I just purchased a Fleck 5810 SXT with a 9x48, 32000 grain Tank. I think I have this down, but I'm a water softener newby! I have big blue sediment filters and an acid neutrailizer already, jus installed the water softener. Can I get a confirmation on my...
  4. tomtbone

Parallel wiring for dehumidistat in bathroom

Now we just need a mathematical equation to show that my bathroom fan is going to kill our children. Lol
  5. tomtbone

Glad to see that the thread got hijacked.... oh well. Well my original thought was to have a switch in addition to the dehumidistat so I could simply flip the switch when going to the bathroom instead of turning the dial in order to turn the fan on. My wife and I have decided to go to the...
  6. tomtbone

First off, I dont think $25 more for the dehumidistat is really all that expensive and if you think it is, maybe you shouldn't even be doing a renovation in the first place. Its simply not true that all of the moist air will be gone in a few minutes, are you just trying to stir things up...
  7. tomtbone

I received the dehumidistat in the mail today. It seems to be pretty straightforward with just two black wires in the back to connect inline. I think this should work with that first diagram. I'll probably hook it all up before walls are closed and such. This is the one I got and here are...
  8. tomtbone

Well I have read in multiple places online of people using this with another switch so that they can have manual and automatic operation. I'm just trying to figure out the best way to wire it that way.
  9. tomtbone

Just want to make sure this is the correct schematic for what I am doing. I am installing a dehumidistat in the bathroom for the exhaust fan along with a switch. I want either/or to be able to turn it on. i.e. Turn on the fan with the switch when you first get into the bathroom before...
  10. tomtbone

Which Cast Iron Flange Replacement is best

I understand that yes. What do you do though if the cast iron pipe is more than an inch below the finished floor level? Are those blue cast iron compression flanges adjustable? I also saw at Lowe's today that Oakey is making a cast Iron Twist and seal flange
  11. tomtbone

So do those flanges fasten to the outside of the pipe then? I'm not quite getting how they work. Also, for the 2" deep size, how much pipe does there need to be to grab onto?
  12. tomtbone

So do those flanges fasten to the outside of the pipe then? I'm not quite getting how they work. Also, for the 2" deep size, how much pipe does there need to be to grab onto?
  13. tomtbone

Today I successfully removed the old cast iron toilet flange and am left with a 4" cast iron pipe. The top of the pipe will be about 1.25" below the level of the finished floor. I am looking at a couple of PVC/ABS replacement flange from Oatey and Sioux Chief. Which one would you guys...
  14. tomtbone

Pex with thermostatic valve/volume valves

This is what it says in the directions: The K-669 and K-679 thermostatic mixing valves do not contain an integral volume control/shut-off valve. You must install a separate volume control/shut-off valve (K-671 or K-681) downstream of any used valve outlet.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks