Recent content by Todd Groendyke

1. T

Neutral and Ground Bus Mixed

These photos might show it a little better. My main concern is that neutrals (white) and grounds (bare copper) seemed to be mixed on these bars. Shouldn't all the neutrals be on the neutral bar and all grounds on ground... or does it matter? Or is there a reason to mix them?
  2. T

Neutral and Ground Bus Mixed

Hello: I recently bought a 1950's house. I was examining the electrical panel and it looks like neutral and ground lines are mixed in the the neutral and ground bus. Some neutral are on the ground bus, some ground on the neutral, etc. Is there any reason for doing this? Is it a problem? Should I...
  3. T

ceiling fan and wiring questions

Thanks for the response. So looking at the box from left to right, there is one bundle with 3 blacks and 1 white which was originally just wire nutted and not connected to the light fixture, followed by 1 black that was the power for the fixture, followed by a bundle with 3 white which were...
  4. T

ceiling fan and wiring questions

Hello: I recently purchased a 1950's house and I want to install a ceiling fan in the bedroom where there was a light fixture. The attached photos are the light fixture removed viewed from the bedroom with the wiring exposed and the fixture as viewed from the attic. I'm a novice with...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks