Recent content by tnichols

1. tnichols

Dishwasher Too Far from Sink? Need backup plans.

Just to give you all an update. I decided to stick with the GE 18" dishwasher. I just hooked it up with a 12' - 14' hose and it works fine. I am not using any air gap device. From the dishwasher, the hose runs behind the stove, around a corner cabinet, up to a high point and then into the...
  2. tnichols

They won't install my new dishwasher!

Thank you, thank you, thank you... That is a good idea... So simple... I always figured once its in the basement, it stays in the basement. Thank you for the complement on the brackets. I thought they were a good idea also and they were only $1 a piece. They did add to the strength.
  3. tnichols

Thank you Hackney for your response. You are probably right on this one... When I bought the appliances, they asked if I wanted the dishwasher installed. I asked how much and the salesman responded "its on sale this week and was only $49.99." I said absolutely. I did not even ask my plumber for...
  4. tnichols

Well I didn't say I was a Real Carpenter. But I can honestly say that none of my carpentry work has ever leaked! The wiring is 8 gauge with a 40 amp breaker. That is what the GE range called for. It would also work with 6 gauge and a 50 amp breaker but I had enough new 8 gauge wire left over...
  5. tnichols

Thank you everyone for your advise. I think I am going to first contact the store and see if I can get another installer. If that doesn't work I will try to squeeze in a drain and high loop in the 2.5" filler/spacer cabinet.
  6. tnichols

This was the before photo... I ripped out the range and cabinet with four drawers. This was the only place I could squeeze in a dishwasher. So I built the new cabinet to hold the dishwasher in the previous photos and removed the range. I did all the carpentry and electrical work. But i had a...
  7. tnichols

Here is another picture... As you can see, there is a walk way to the left, dishwasher space, 2.5" filler (holding up the counter top), and area for the range. The plan was to run the drain hose behind the range at the bottom of the wall. The wall is concrete and is an outside wall. If I can't...
  8. tnichols

Here is a picture... dishwasher on the left and range on right... just 2.5" between them.
  9. tnichols

I might be able to put it in the 2.5" filler/spacer. This little filler provides support for the counter top. Its only 2.5" wide and that would have to hold the loop and drain pipe. I think this might be my only option. This little filler is only open on the dishwasher side. The other side...
  10. tnichols

I will repeat my original questions: Is there some restriction that a drain hose can not go behind a range or do I need to get different installers?
  11. tnichols

Yes, but the air gap is higher than the high loop. The air gap is even worse. Its the same problem. I still can't just drill a hole in the floor and drain it that way.
  12. tnichols

Sorry, I am not trying to argue, I really don't understand. Why they are saying one thing, but the manufacture of the appliance is saying something totally different? They both can't be right. Is the manual wrong??? I talked to GE today and they said unless the dishwasher was installed according...
  13. tnichols

There is room for a little drain hose behind the stove. I cut a grove in the floor that holds the hose and it just runs to the next cabinet. There is not room for a drain pipe. And this is the point, the installers did not want any water, hose or pipe around the stove, like it was some kind of...
  14. tnichols

I am sorry, I really don't see the difference... I don't see what I am reading wrong... The installation manual says the drain hose must rise to a minimum of 32" above the floor before going to the disposal. On page 10 of the installation manual says: "IMPORTANT - Either one of the above...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks