Recent content by tndave

1. tndave

Septic Tank

I now come, hat in hand & bow humbly to the wise. As before mentioned, I replaced the toilet & the section of pipe directly beneath & gave it a more aggressive slope & a vent. It worked great for 3 days. Then on the fourth day it wouldn’t flush at all, but the shower & sink still worked...
  2. tndave

Septic Tank

Lol..........
  3. tndave

Septic Tank

Well, I got that section of pipe replaced & the new toilet installed. (That chain cutter was a major B!!) After I cut the main line & before I replaced anything, with that section wide open, I washed my hands in the sink & the tub gurgled, bad sign. Sure enough, I got everything back together &...
  4. tndave

Septic Tank

Well, I went out and got the parts & pieces that I think I’ll need today. I couldn’t find the Toto Drake locally, so I settled for a Kohler K-11813 Cimarron. I rented a chain cutter for the old iron pipe. I thought about using an air grinder with a, or several cut off wheels, but then thought...
  5. tndave

Septic Tank

Sorry, I should have been a bit more descriptive. That is the end of the line ( or beginning ). On the other side of that wall the tub & sink empty into that main pipe & they both drain great. That Tee is sloped slightly backward and I’m thinking maybe water & waste is pooling right there under...
  6. tndave

Septic Tank

Could this be the problem? It is sloped back, seems to me if anything it should be sloped the other way. I tried pushing up on it & it does not move.
  7. tndave

Sta Rite MSE

Thanks Texas!!!!!! I’m gonna leave it be for now & see what happens. If need be I’ll definitely take your advice. We are earning about a third of what we were in 2007 & have exhausted all savings & sold all of my toys & even necessities like my tractor just to keep the place. I need to fill the...
  8. tndave

Septic Tank

New insight!! My wife said that sometimes when the toilet won’t flush, if you run water in the sink the toilet will bubble & flush. Well, I just had ta go & the toilet didn’t fully flush, the solids went down, but the bowl filled & the paper didn’t go down. I filled the sink with water & then...
  9. tndave

Septic Tank

I Thank You WJ for your taking the time to reply and the insights.
  10. tndave

Septic Tank

I have had this house 7 years and had the tank pumped 3 times. It is an old system and at first we had too many people living here...Not now though & I have no idea how long it had been since being pumped. The first time he pumped it all out clean and knocked off the tee, said I didn't need...
  11. tndave

Sta Rite MSE

I had found a book on that pump and it said to run in the regulator screw when priming. Well, it broke...it was all rusted up and had a lock nut. I loosened the lock nut a couple of turns & held it with a wrench while I tried to run in the screw. I probably only turned it one turn, so it seems...
  12. tndave

Sta Rite MSE

I typed that out real quick before heading to work last night (third shift) and didn't really have time to check it out or even think about it. I just got up an hour before work & couldn't take a shower & as I step out of the bathroom, I have three females saying "there's no water" almost in...
  13. tndave

Sta Rite MSE

Sta Rite MSE runs constantly, but there is no water. Pressure gauge looks like it is pegged. I put some air in the tank (didn't think to check pressure first, but still no water with about 25 lbs. I don't see a plug to reprime the pump. Does it sound like the pump is shot? I hope not, used up...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks