Recent content by tmp9a59

1. T

Hydrocare HC38 Thoughts???

Big Dripper, your "results" are more valid than the testimonials presented by the peddler (or at least of the same quality, no offense :)) since there is no truly definitive proof that the method actually works. If this were the break through product, it would be easily proved with an...
  2. T

Is there a way to identify which pipe is which in a group of pipes?

I had the same issue once. I took a tomatoe stake and rested it against each of the exposed irrigation pipes. Once I put my ear to the wood stake, the rushing water was very easy to hear.
  3. T

Hi chargedmr2 Where did you purchase your 2510 Softener and what did you think of the service?

Hi chargedmr2 Where did you purchase your 2510 Softener and what did you think of the service?
  4. T

A few Fleck valve questions and sizing help

Still going manual I am still not persuaded for electronics in this situation. Even though my unit is in the garage, the temp and humidity are very rough on any thing delicate. Washer and Dryers with electronic controls do not behave well in the environment (yes I know they have a few...
  5. T

I guess this is where you sized it at 48K in your previous post: "A 2 to 2.5 bathroom house with no big tubs or showers usually can not flow more than 12 gpm. A 1.5 cuft softener has a 12 gpm SFR. A 1.5 cuft softener is called a '48K' but, you can't get 48K regenerated capacity, the max with...
  6. T

The Flow I spoke of is for 2 tub faucets running full out (which is very seldom). I probably used SFR incorretly as the terminology for this measurement. The Chlorine measurement I can get. Just for the heck of it, I tried my pool test kit on the tap water. It did not register any chlorine...
  7. T

So, based on what you are telling me I should have 36000 grain softener? I will have to get back with the Chlorine measurement.
  8. T

Per the Pinellas County Water Confidence report, 3.3 PPM chlorine. I have a high quality charcoal filter for my drinking water needs, so a whole house charcoal filter is not necessary.
  9. T

Since Clack does not want to do business, I am now researching Fleck Valves and have a couple of questions. Are all Fleck 5600 valves capable of Upflow regeneration? How much better is upflow regeneration and is it worth the cost? Is it important to specify USA made Resin? (standard...
  10. T

What about Northstar softeners?

Thanks for the reply. I thought that was about the life of the product. It is in bypass mode now since the valve it self will do nothing but run water through it. Not worth dealing with all the o-rings and finicky pieces. Since I have the plumbing already complete, I will just do my...
  11. T

What about Northstar softeners?

I am in the market for a new softener and this is what the plumber is selling. Any thoughts? Thanks
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks