Recent content by tlman48

1. T

Looking for info on a MacClean MCA-1J iron filter

Hi, I have an old MacClean system. It has a Flack 2510 valve... Not sure yours would be the same. The air injector instructions in my manual is about the same as these... http://www.wellwaterproducts.com/products/Waterite-Micronizer.html. Hope this helps.
  2. T

Air Injection fleck vaule

Thanks, That is encouraging. Yes a local company that I bought from 17 years ago is using the air valve with a mix of Birm and calcite etc. Do you know if it is needed to backwash every night with these systems to keep the air supply up to where it needs to be?
  3. T

Hi LLigetfa, I was looking at several internet sites that are pushing this air injection. It would be nice to get rid of my in line air injector, but I am wonder if anyone has used these and how well they work. That site you were looking at does not show any prices and does not give a lot of...
  4. T

Hi all, I am thinking about buying a new iron filter system and was wondering about the efficiency of the air injection head on the fleck 2510 AI valve. My water only has 1.0 ppm clear iron and .05 ppm manganese. The ph is 7.2 It seems like the contact time of the air with the water would be...
  5. T

New Iron filter needed

Wondering if anyone has heard of Filtersorb FMH. One online company said this is a new media that needs nothing other than air to make it work on both Iron and manganese. Here is a web site that describes it. http://watchwater.com/DOWNLOADS/data/BR/filtersorbFMH_BR.pdf, Thanks, Tim
  6. T

New Iron filter needed

Thanks for the response. Yes there seems to be a difference in what manufacture says and dealer says. I'm not sure if real world experience is different than test and recommendations by manufacture. I do not want to use chemicals so MtM would be out for me. One dealer on line says they have used...
  7. T

New Iron filter needed

Hi and thanks in advance for any help. I have a 17 year old McClean iron water filter that I want to replace. I could repair it but thought it might be a good time to get a new system before I get any older and things get harder to do. It has the air injector in line before a steel water tank...
  8. T

MacClean Iron Filter

McClean iron filter Hi, I have a Maclean Iron filter 17 years old. The original media was birm with the ph+ added to get it up to 8 or so to take out both iron and manganese. I talked to the people that sold it to me the other day and they said now they do a multi media of birm filter ag...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks