Recent content by tlarson

1. tlarson

Soldering lead free brass video

Great video. Thank you, hj
  2. tlarson

Should I use aftermarket hoses on my washing machine?

LG, like any manufacturer, is trying to sell spare parts. That's why they say "recommend" I just installed a pair of these: http://www.floodchek.com/ They claim that they've never had a failure, and from the look of them I can see why. Very durable, and the fittings are thick cast brass...
  3. tlarson

Question: Usage of Sani instead of Wye on old-build main stack

Just to be clear: The sani tee on it's back is only legal here for a vent on a trap arm. It is never legal here for a drain line. Combo or wye/45 must be used for vertical to horizontal drains.
  4. tlarson

Question: Usage of Sani instead of Wye on old-build main stack

Yes, that sani tee looks to be illegal. FYI: Bert Polk's guide shows sani tees on their backs on pages 5, 9, 10 (two places), and 14, all as vent connections. Perfectly legal here in Oregon, at least in the Portland area.
  5. tlarson

Restaurant plumbing corrections

OP: No regular on this site will be surprised that someone who is so willing and eager to break the law with impunity would respond as you have. Hopefully you will go away and never come back.
  6. tlarson

Recirc check valve

Good catch, Smooky. I won't use the Milwaukee due to the temp rating. I also found a Nibco that will work. Thanks to all for the advice and assistance.
  7. tlarson

Recirc check valve

Thanks, Jim and Terry. The system was designed with a pump from the start. There is a hot water return from the second story of this house to the water heater in the basement. The existing pump runs 24/7 and my replacement pump will also. Every drawing and piping layout I've seen for these...
  8. tlarson

Recirc check valve

I'm replacing a 15 year old pump in a hot water recirculation system. The current system does not have a check valve between the pump and water heater (The pump discharges into a tee at the water heater drain connection). I'm looking for 1/2" brass, preferably sweat. Can someone recommend a...
  9. tlarson

Santee vs. Combo

Quote: The sanitary tee can ONLY be installed in a horizontal line IF the inspector allows it, and none of them in this area do. And even if an individual inspector allowed it, I would NOT want to gamble on whether I got that one or one who would make me change it. WE KNOW the difference in...
  10. tlarson

Santee vs. Combo

quote: But they CANNOT be installed in horizontal lines, regardless of their orientation, or purpose. San tees are installed here regularly in Oregon horizontally for venting trap arms, and approved by most jurisdictions.
  11. tlarson

Hot water doesn't drain.

I have exactly the same problem iin a kitchen sink n a 3 year old house that I built on the Washington coast. I did all the plumbing and have measured the hot and cold flow separately and they are exactly the same. The drain rate difference is not too great so we just live with it. I posted...
  12. tlarson

I found this Visual Guide to Plumbing very helpful

Note san tee on it's back on page 5 used for toilet vent. They are legal in Oregon, but not too many other places...... Wonderful reference. Very clear.
  13. tlarson

San tee's

They are allowed here in Oregon laying on their back with the side connection pointing up for vents. In Washington the inspectors I've dealt with require a combo or wye/45.
  14. tlarson

Flow restrictor

Yes, there is one pump and the line has a tee that feeds his place. Thanks,
  15. tlarson

Flow restrictor

We share our well with a neighbor at our mountain cabin. He lives there year around, while our place is used only on occasional weekends. The line to his house has broken several times (underground) and when it does it causes the well to run continuously, sometimes for days, as he travels...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks