Recent content by tinytec

1. tinytec

Water Ace pump dissassembly?

You're right - the motor is bad. The shaft seal was leaking water to the inside. Lowes replaced the pump with a new one today. Now I just hope the new one lasts more than 1 1/2 years as did the old pump. :rolleyes: Thanks again for your help. Fred in New York State
  2. tinytec

Water Ace pump dissassembly?

My Water Ace R201A submersible pump trips out after running about 45 seconds, resets then repeats the short cycle. It draws about 15 amps on each of the two lines so I assume the motor is overloaded? We are temporarily on city water until this gets fixed. I've pulled it out of the well and...
  3. tinytec

dropped pipe in well and it's stuck

I'm curious - why don't you use continuous 1" plastic pipe without couplers? A 100" coil may cost only about $30 and slip down your convoluted casing quite easily. Fred - not an expert!!
  4. tinytec

How to remove deep well cap?

The 4" sub. pump is finally installed and working great!! Before connecting to the pitless connector I hooked a garden hose to the plastic pipe coming from the pump. The pump ran for at least 4 hours pumping the water into a small back yard pond. The first water was really cruddy looking but...
  5. tinytec

Speedbump, Sage Supply Co. in Johnson City, NY (607-797-1211) quoted the price over the phone - said they would have to order it from CA. I've finished reaming the well to 3 7/8" diameter. The pump and power cable are wired (not connected to the service) and ready to put in the well tomorrow...
  6. tinytec

Thanks for the description of the reaming machine. I never knew there was such a device. That sure puts a lot of rust scrapings down in the well. I assume it all settles to the bottom where it doesn't get picked up by the pump. Today I ran the camera down the well and could actually see where...
  7. tinytec

Bob, how big an operation is reaming a well? Do you use small portable equipment or do use the full well drilling rig? Also, is it expensive? Fred with lots of questions. . . :confused:
  8. tinytec

Latest status: I attached two winches, one to the rope and the other to the plastic pipe. Pulled with both and the Ace pump, along with the ensnarled video camera, finally gave up and came out. The reason it jammed 80' down in the well is because the diameter of the pump portion is larger...
  9. tinytec

Bob, Amazing the poly would stretch that much without breaking. I put the camera down the well and recorded the video as the camera descended to about 80'. Nothing unusual showed up as the cam descended but the video was very poor for the last ~20'. While retracting the camera it got snagged...
  10. tinytec

Bob, "You even bought your pump at the wrong place Fred. Sounds like a cluster **** all the way around. At least you will know better next time." >>>>>I didn't do much right beyond digging the hole and finding the casing location - that's what inexperience does. I'm afraid there won't be a...
  11. tinytec

"If you ever get this bad motor out Fred, you might want to consider a 3" submersible pump." >>>>Too late - the pump that's stuck is a new Ace/Franklin I just bought from Lowe's. "rope you tied to the pump is a joke" >>>Too late - I used 3/8" rope rated at I think near 200 lb. The pump...
  12. tinytec

Here's the latest on my well resurrection project . . I followed much of the advice given here. As recommended installed a 6" PVC extension to the original 4" casing and brought the casing above ground. This was sure a lot easier than welding a steel extension. also installed a pitless...
  13. tinytec

Thanks to all you fellow's guidance I am delirously happy to report the pump is finally pulled! :p The well is 116' deep and the water depth is 33 feet. The 1" black plastic down pipe measured 100' long, in 20' lengths, connected with cemented plastic couplings - no clamps - must be PE. For...
  14. tinytec

Hi Guys! You are all my heroes!! Good news! I took your advice and worked the pump up and down while turning it. It gradually came a few inches higher each time and has come up about 15 feet so far. Every once in a while it jams again, but letting it back a little each time and working it...
  15. tinytec

When you lower the pump to the bottom of the 1 ft of motion, then take up the slack in the cable to keep it snug. The cable probably weighs about 0.1 # per foot. You can probably feel when the slack is taken up. If the cable is taped to the 120' of pipe every 5' or so, do you think any slack...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks