Recent content by tinner666

1. tinner666

Internet provider for rural areas?

You have a choice of about 5000 providers to choose from. http://www.thelist.com/
  2. tinner666

Post your Pics, We would love to see your projects!

Did a 2nd bathroom for a country boy's wife. He, his buddies, and I were happy with the end result. Wife doesn't want to pay for it though. None of us have a clue what's bugging her???? We all tried it out and everything works fine! ( She took her towels, washcloths, vase of flowers, soap...
  3. tinner666

can a bad mouse cord short-out a laptop?

On mine, OutLook doesn't receive mail. I pick up all my mail online. That way, I get a sneak peek at what the e-mail scanner there left.
  4. tinner666

OWB's

A Minnasota friend says he only burns about 8 cords. Which seems to be the average. I have a relative with one burns about 7-8 cords. Which unit do you have. The 2 I'm talking about are Central and Taylor.
  5. tinner666

OWB's

Rural here. 1/2 mile to nearest downwind neighbor. Plan on dying there someday. Plenty of wood. Easy access. I have several cords cut that would otherwise go to waste. And more needs cutting. If I went with an indoor unit, I'd need to add the cost of another garage/utility room to the furnace...
  6. tinner666

Slow Computer Today

It's often an issue with where your service happens to be routing you at the time. No necessarily your service, but issues on some line somewhere. A down junction box can mess things up.
  7. tinner666

Already have all that and more. I ran AVG and McAfee together for 5 years without a glitch. I got tired of paying McAfee and dropped it. When virus hunting, it was a tossup as to which was the first to detect a new virus. Virus writers are getting really smart now and using DLL files to hide...
  8. tinner666

OWB's

Great replies guys. And Bob, thanks for the Yukon link. I requested info from them. If I go with the OWB, it will be uphill from the house, about 60-80', and probably within 50-70' of the shop. Not sure yet of shop or possible OWB final sites. I'm even considering the GreenWood...
  9. tinner666

hard to wipe my a??

That's great Terry. Might get one for our new house.:)
  10. tinner666

hard to wipe my a??

Sounds like my wife. She wanted one too. We couldn't afford it. Her problem was weight and arm lenght. Couldn't do anything about the arm lenght, so she went on a diet. Is it a medical condition?
  11. tinner666

Entire home rewire by non-pro..

For real! Pull enough to be able to scissor?? it into and out of the boxes. You always cut any excess off, but try to add an 1"!:eek: Do you sparkies have a word for that? My scissor expression?
  12. tinner666

Entire home rewire by non-pro..

It's doable. I completely rewired a house of mine a few years ago. Had to install the meter and hook it up too. Richmond Inspector 'required' that. That was scary. Upgraded from a 60A to a 200A The rest of it was simple enough. I did have to take a simple test to show knowledge of resi...
  13. tinner666

OWB's

How complicated was yours? What brand? What building(s) are you heating?
  14. tinner666

OWB's

Thanks for the links. I had seen most, but not all. The last was a good one. We're in an agricultural district and have no restrictions on them. Central Boiler is near us, but I'm looking at all and comparing notes.
  15. tinner666

Only a gig. Need another gig.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks